at christmas i got a Squire strat by fender. After a few weeks i decided to put heavy strings on it. it pulled the bridge out ofthe guitar,so i changed back to normal strings,but now if i tune to standard tuning the bridge still comes out. i was told to adjust the truss rod,but i dont want to make things worse.any1 got any advice?
Take it to a shop. Bit of a no brainer...
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Take it back to the shop

!!!feel the funk blast!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN
*no read any part of the message*

do you have a video of you wrecking it?
Gibson SG 04'
Quote by Mosher
*no read any part of the message*

do you have a video of you wrecking it?

The chances of that are slim, who would film themselves bracking a guitar?

!!!feel the funk blast!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN
yes, throw another trem spring in the back and adjust accordingly to the gauge of strings you have. Its super simple. Just look at how the system is meant to work and you can determine where the problem is. Its all physics : )
yep. all u do is tighten the two screws in the back cavity and add a spring of u need more help holding it. simple.

back of the guitar
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
no you dont need to take it to a shop just gotta do what jj1565 recommended of course de tune your strings before you do it
dude, the EXACT same thing happened to me....i got a squire strat at christmas lol and i put new strings, ernie ball power slinkys....and i put them on....and the bridge raised up....so i had a whammy....without having the bar in there =p lol

anyways, u get some springs......DETUNE THE GUITAR FIRST!!!! TRUST ME!!!! it really hurts when a string pops u in the face....

and its gonna be hard, u need to be strong, just load springs in the back all the way....tune back up to normal tuning...and bam! problem fixed...
youre a tool it was youre own fault
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Quote by Unforgivable
now now, dont be so harsh...

try using a certain glue called gorilla glue and stick the bridge into place?

OK, now, whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE THIS GUY SERIOUSLY AND USE GLUE TO STICK YOUR BRIDGE BACK.

Now that that's out of the way, what you should actually do is:
1) De-tune your guitar.
2) Open up the back of your guitar and tighten up the springs in the back by using a screwdriver to tighten the two screws attached to the base plate, or 'claw'.
3) Re-tune your guitar.
4) If there's still a problem, get an extra spring (or two), de-tune your strings, loosen the claw enough to get the new spring on and then tighten everything back up, re-tune etc.
5) If something goes horribly wrong, don't come crying to me.
6) You might also need a truss rod adjustment after all this.
7) Again, don't come crying to me.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
old thread
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011