ive been looking all over but cant seem to find a lesson on how to properly gallop.
no need to mention musicians who do it, but we all know what i mean. when u play rythem on guitar in metal and u play "chugga chugga chugga" what is muted where?
how does one do that?
Listen to some songs using and just try to get a feel for the rhythm and then duplicate it at your best

Posted by Smokey Amp

OMFGZ!!!1!! PUNK_DUDE2005 IS LIKE, THE SAVIOUR OF MANKIND! HE'S LIKE THE FIRST THING ON MY MINd WHEN I WAKE UP AND THE LAST THING ON MY MIND BEFORE I SLEEP. SOMETIMES I THINK ABOUT HIM IN MY "PRIVATE REFLECTION TIME"..UH HUM..
well if youre using a guitar with only single coils you'll never gt the proper sound.

But what you do is just mute the string (use low E for now) with the side of your hand and just pick the string up and down. Place the side of your hand as close the bridge as possible without being right on top of it.
Use the side of your pick hand. Rest it against the strings just next to the bridge. You'll find you can control the sound pretty well by pushing against the strings more or less, and also muting nearer the bridge or further away. You'll probably want the bridge pickup selected, but definately experiment to get the right sound!
Learn Iron Maiden - The Trooper

Try and play along with it, slowly first of course
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM