Page 1 of 3
SO the most highest gain amps i heard was the randalls? is this true like....people say the randall g3 series is pretty pimptastic....
ENGL Powerball.

It will rip your nuts off. When it comes to gain it crushes every amp I've played and some I havent. It made any randall I've played look like a bitch.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
ENGL Powerball.

It will rip your nuts off. When it comes to gain it crushes every amp I've played and some I havent. It made any randall I've played look like a bitch.

+1.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ENGL Powerball. Or the dude at my local guitar shop has a 5150 thats been ripped apart and modded...so when the gain hits 8 it jumps to some CRAZY overpushed gain...it has some serious balls.
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
Quote by dropin_biking
ENGL Powerball. Or the dude at my local guitar shop has a 5150 thats been ripped apart and modded...so when the gain hits 8 it jumps to some CRAZY overpushed gain...it has some serious balls.

yeah dude a modded 6505 is pretty effin crazy. i dont have mine ever turned pass like 6 on the gain.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
lol I dont ever have my stock 5150 put past 6 on the gain

p-p-p-puuuuuu.................sh it man. push it! gotta take it to the X-TREME.

[edit] genocide: my mod didnt really make it have more gain, but made it sound 'warmer' and more dynamic because of the bias mod.
Well if you could imagine.. Coming home with a 5150 full stack, plugging the cabs in, throwing my guitar in the high gain input, cranking the amp about half way and busting out some Arch Enemy..

Oh yeah, I needed earplugs. But I was too busy rocking out to go get some.. so I just faced away from the amp.

I dont need more gain, but a bit of extra clarity, some warmth, and of course removing the background noise is great.

Where'd you get yours modded?
I remember my friend was all like "yea with my setup, i can hit the ultimate gain" I'm like "ok cool"...He brought in a Squier, a TS, DS-1, and a MetalZone. Cranked all those pedals and ran it through a Fender Frontman. It sounded like UBBER shiz.
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
Quote by dropin_biking
I remember my friend was all like "yea with my setup, i can hit the ultimate gain" I'm like "ok cool"...He brought in a Squier, a TS, DS-1, and a MetalZone. Cranked all those pedals and ran it through a Fender Frontman. It sounded like UBBER shiz.

Squier + DS-1 + MT-2 + Frontman = the ultimate ICEPICK IN YOUR EAR maybe.
id have to say the ogner uberschall, acclaimed as the "darkest distortion" of any amp. and also the 5150 is sick and i dont know how it compares to the 6505.but yeah they rip.
wats the thing about "dark vs bright" distortion? wats two songs, one with eg of dark, one with bright.

thanks
Quote by stratster23
Peavey 6505 Plus

I believe they have 6 gain stages as well, and Mesa's have 5, and Marshalls have 3 or 4...I could be wrong though
Quote by adam02
Marshall MG's have 16 Gain Stages.

so funny i forgot to laugh.

wow, i havnt said that for years.

[edit] GENOCIDE: i got my 6505 modded (bias mod, makes it warmer and more dynamic sounding. more clarity and overall punch) by some random guy that came into my work one day. For free.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
[edit] GENOCIDE: i got my 6505 modded (bias mod, makes it warmer and more dynamic sounding. more clarity and overall punch) by some random guy that came into my work one day. For free.

Do you know what he did?
modded 5150/6505 or a Genz Benz El Diablo....
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by Mascot
Do you know what he did?

you know on Eurotubes how he gives you the correct tubes to put in it, and how to adjust the bias by throwing in a bias pot. he did all that for me. nothing i dont think i couldnt have done myself. but whatever the case it still sounds a lot warmer and more punchy then all the other stock 5150/6505s ive played. ill try to snag pics from the kid *the other guitar player in my band* i sold it to.

"JJ KT88's in the outside sockets and the JJ 6L6GC's in the inside sockets" that and a bias pot.
Bogner Uberschall....... that's just demos.....

God, I envy you all for having access to such godlike amps........
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
engl powerball. 'nuff said
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Yeah, but concerning looks........ the powerball looks pretty....... PLAIN........ for a nut phaser...

Keep the faith, baby!!
Marshall MG? THats possibly the most stupid thing I've ever heard anyone say.

Its gotta be the 5150/6505
bluespunkmetal: the power ball may look plain but it'll rip your balls off from a 100 yards.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Powerball or Uberschall or 6506 ?? Which is the GAINIEST !!!!

Yeah, but could it rip our nuts off using a stock Ibanez pickup ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
Last edited by bluespunkmetal at May 17, 2006,
Quote by joel_grieve
engl powerball. 'nuff said

i still havnt played one for myself...and now i really wanna

and wtf is with the A-Team all of a sudden!? lol
oh well, I love that damn show to death...and Murdock is my fav!
sweet. me, bradbradbrad and jenny (i think, has she joined?) are/started the avatar a-team. i like being murdoch.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Dude..... thats queerr

Keep the faith, baby!!
dude. you're drunk and queer. bad combination.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I'm tottaly het....... and Drunk.... dude have u ever tried playing blues while on Chivas Regals,.....

Keep the faith, baby!!
no......have you?

on topic: bogners....how much gain do they have when compared with a recto or powerball?
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
joel:
hahahaha so totally sigged!

Quote by joel_grieve
dude. you're drunk and queer. bad combination.

My gear:
Ibanez SZ520fm
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS1 (soon to be modded i think)

Bass stuff:
Cort G34
Peavey 112 basic
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
No...... I'd be nuts to do that......

Dude, I can't even stay up after singking 2 small glasses of kahlua !!!

Keep the faith, baby!!
thats coz your soft. stop spamming the thread you drunken fool.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Page 1 of 3