Alright. I'm looking for a guitar that can play metal/rock stuff pretty good (Ranging from like Metallica to Avenged Sevenfold to any other stuff like that) and can have a good tone for solos for songs like Cliffs of Dover and what not, and I've decided between these two guitars because Ibanez and Jackson make good guitars for this genre...But what I want to know is, which one will get me more bang for my buck?
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
i dunno bout the jackson but the rg1570 kicks ass really awesome guitar for the price
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i look down upon men who dont masturbate on a regular basis..they are helping perpetuate prostate cancer..and they are lying if they say the dont

now its time for me to go reduce my risk of prostate cancer.

it's mostly feel.

the jackson has better pickups, while the ibanez has a better trem. Assuming the jackson trem is a straight swap for a good trem (i'm 70% sure it is, but no-where near certain), that means it's basically 50/50.

The ibanez has a much nicer heel (better upper fret access) and a faster neck, but again that's preference.

I'd take the ibanez and switch the pickups, but that's just me.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i agree with the fact that the ibanez has a better trem and the jackson has better pickups and the rest is personal preference. HOWEVER i'm not too sure on the choice of the jb pickup in the jackson, that jb makes my schecter blackjack pt (which is naturally quite a dark sounding guitar) sound bright. So it might make the guitar VERY bright sounding when combined with the alder body.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
^ yes on the treble of the JB. It's painful! but still probably better than the ibanez ones.

But yeah, i'd say on balance the ibanez is better, as long as you like the feel. I tried an rga121 (similar quality to the 1570) recently head to head with a pro-series Jackson kelly, and the ibanez was noticeably better in feel and general quality.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?