Hi, can anybody tell me what they think of the Krank Distortus Maximus pedal? I am thinkig of getting one, but don't live near a stockist so internet oreder it is. Ju7st wanna know what kinda sounds you can get and how it would sound with my current gear, minus the MT2

cheers
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
it is ment to be amazing, i have never played it but i have heard loads of + about it!! you could also look a Keeley Modded MT-2 aswell.
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
o yeah, on your pure volume you are playing bullets chorus slightly wrong. also, what did use to record that?
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Quote by fwibble
Hi, can anybody tell me what they think of the Krank Distortus Maximus pedal? I am thinkig of getting one, but don't live near a stockist so internet oreder it is. Ju7st wanna know what kinda sounds you can get and how it would sound with my current gear, minus the MT2

cheers

knowing Krank, its probaly overrated, overpriced and total shit. But I'm not one to judge , i suggest forgeting the pedal and work on replacing that turd that marshall calls and amp.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Last edited by Neon Knight at May 16, 2006,
Quote by sexyguitargod
o yeah, on your pure volume you are playing bullets chorus slightly wrong. also, what did use to record that?

the gear in my sig, and a crappy mic

i used the tabs provided by BFMV in total guitar for the chorus btw
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
Quote by Neon Knight
knowing Krank, its probaly overrated, overpriced and total shit. But I'm not one to judge , i suggest forgeting the pedal and work on replacing that turd that marshall calls and amp.

haha thanks for the advice, but since i don;t have the money to change my amp completely i use 1 or 2 pedals. Besides all i udse the amp for is as a speaker, I know the distortion is hit, which is why I use a pedal
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
Quote by fwibble
haha thanks for the advice, but since i don;t have the money to change my amp completely i use 1 or 2 pedals. Besides all i udse the amp for is as a speaker, I know the distortion is hit, which is why I use a pedal

I'm sure if you sell your amp and MT-2 you can afford a decent amp
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Beings as it looks like im the only one here to have actually tried it, ill put in some info.

It is the best distortion pedel ive ever used.

Its very smooth and full. My amps distortion is still much better, but this thing beats the pants off of the little stomp boxes ive used.
Quote by Neon Knight
I'm sure if you sell your amp and MT-2 you can afford a decent amp

such as...
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
Quote by TheFluffy
Beings as it looks like im the only one here to have actually tried it, ill put in some info.

It is the best distortion pedel ive ever used.

Its very smooth and full. My amps distortion is still much better, but this thing beats the pants off of the little stomp boxes ive used.

finally some proper info, thanks fluffy. as I said earlier all I use my amp for really is a decent speaker, so any improvement on my current tone would be good. Would you say that it's worth the cost of it?
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
i've heard an amazing modified one that was great. i would buy a vintage pro co rat off ebay first though, or a keeley modded mt-2.
ma gear

"it's too hard man, don't even try"
-jason becker

"get those flabby fingers in shape"
-rusty cooley
Quote by helloassholes
i've heard an amazing modified one that was great. i would buy a vintage pro co rat off ebay first though, or a keeley modded mt-2.

Stupid noob. Dont bring up month old threads.
I've got one and I don't really like it. I find Line 6 Uber Metal properly EQ'd on the pulverize setting has a much bigger tone.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp