what are some classic rock songs in drop d? my bands is covering moby dick and i have my strat for that in a drop d, but i dont want that to be the only song i use it in, so what else?
I Think Queen's 'Fat Bottomed Girls' is played in drop d
Hell is empty. All the devils are here. - William Shakespeare
Kashmir needs different tuning again, it isn't just drop D.

Killing in the name of is in drop D, I'd say that's pretty close to a classic rock song, at least it would be if I was in charge of naming classics
HAHAHAH killing in the name isnt close to classic rock!!!! its like Metal/Hard Rock/Funk Rock!!!
and oh yea, BOTH e strings are in D-tuning for kashmir.....or if u just change the notes around it still works
Check out a bunch of Black Sabbath. Some of their stuff is in Drop D as far as I can remember...but maybe I'm wrong...
Quote by ta too tee
I played with Slash yesterday. It was super cool cuz we played some Nirvana and Britney Spears songs. Good stuff! I also taught him how to play Sweet Child O'Mine
The End-The Doors
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
Black Sabbath drops all 6 strings a step and a half. (Extensively from Master of Reality forward) Interestingly, Iommi uses 8's...in std tuning 8s feel like rubber bands, try dropping them a step and a half.. (does that because of his artificial finger tips on his rt (fretting) hand. You really need a lite touch...very easy to squeeze chords out of tune. But talk about vibrato from hell....
I keep one of my SG's dropped a step and a half just for playing Sabbath...
White Gibson Custom Shop ES 335 (Lifeson!), ES 335 TDC, ES 137, Gibson Tony Iommi SG, 2 SG Specials w/Iommi Pickups, SG Faded, 1275 Doubleneck, 2 Gibson Flying V's, G&L F100, Marshall TSL 100 head W/1960 412/ HotPlate, Modded 5150, various FX
Surely it doesn't take you that long to retune one string does it?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic