ok ive been playing for a while and my speed has not increased at all. When i play i just get to a certain limit where i cant force to make my fingers go any faster and if i try to i loose all accuracy. It kinda feels like im stuck at a brick wall. Is there anything i might be doing wrong, or is it just a matter of somehow practicing more?
My old sig sucked
pick a song thats too fast for you to play, learn it slowly then practice up until youve got the correct speed
Quote by gallagher2006
This one time I went out at night and sexually assaulted 2 girls then murdered them and hid their bodies never to be found.

I pwned as a 7 year old
It's technique, it's tension, it's attention... lots of possible things.

The key is of course practicing. But not so much frequency as how you practice.

There's no magic fix. You could do a thousand exercises for a thousand days and
still not be much faster without knowing how to practice.
hmmmmm.... see , way back when i had the same problem, i just ended up realizing i'm not moving my hand fast enough, if its your fret hand think about it like this, how fast can you move your fingers when not playing the guitar? you should be able to move them just as fast when playing the guitar, if its your pick hand then i recommend picking exercises. remember do not try and play the guitar fast, that will never work, simply realize, there is no guitar......
^ Shirley, I think that was the point.
What Comes Before Part B? Partaaaaay!

Quote by HammettHead
lmao psykopoo ur a bloody genius!
yeah, but the ideal is real and can be applied to everything, realizing what is real and what isn't is the first step, most physical limitations, like playing fast, are all in yer mind......