C)Marshall TSL/DSL
D)Marshall Mode IV
E)VHT Pitbull
F)VHT Deliverance
G)Krank Krankenstein
H)Krank Revolution I
Any others...?

Triple Recto is overrated.

Mark IV is the best out of those IMO, then the Krankenstein.

Don't forget Randall, the G3 series amps are inexpensive in comparison, but I prefer it's distortion to all the others.
For me...TSL 60 or a Dual Rectifier.

TSL's are under rated in my opinion...for the cash...dear god...what a fantastic amp...

Versatile as hell...with enough Gain to give you a modern tone.
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
Deizel herberts are ment to be great...
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by V12prowler
dude are u retarded......you forgot the MG!!!!!!!!

Witty...
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
Quote by Vomitorator
I just want to see which amps people like best:
A)Mesa Boogie Dual/Triple Rectifier
B)Mesa Boogie Mark IV
C)Marshall TSL/DSL
D)Marshall Mode IV
E)VHT Pitbull
F)VHT Deliverance
G)Krank Krankenstein
H)Krank Revolution I
I)ENGL Savage
J)Bogner XTC
K)Bogner Uberschall
L)Framus Cobra
M)Diezel Herbert
N)Carvin V3
Any others...?

Bogner XTC
Mesa MK-IV
ENGL Savage

Those would be my top 3 of them all.
Oh, and get the mode 4 out of there, replace with jcm900.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by love_O_rock
Oh, and get the mode 4 out of there, replace with jcm900.

+1

IMO its Marshall's best production* amp from 1990-present.

*not counting anniversary, or reissues. 5.9 APR financing, see dealer for details. May cause cancer, limited warrantee, while supplies last
I played a triple recto and it sounded was worse that the dual. Kinda grainy and not as smooth. It has higher (apperently not always better) output, but the tone is somehow compromised.
Line 6 Spider
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
gah, i haven't tried enough of those to vote...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Leaving out the VHTs and Kranks (i havn't heard them)

Mark IV.... but I heard its cleans are not that desireable ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
JCM 900s are way better than the Mode Four heads, fair enough the 900 isn't really a High Gain amp and my one is 16 years old

At least it isnt mushy like Mesa Dual or Triple Rectumfryers

If I had the money I would definitely get a

1) Framus Cobra 2) Soldano SLO-100 3) ENGL Powerball
Jackson Warrior w/ SH-10&SH-13, Floyd Rose Original

1990 Marshall JCM 900 4100
w/ EL-34 Mullard re-issue Power tubes
V1: Harma STR-270 & V2,3: GT-12AX7-M

Boss GE-7 EQ
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Leaving out the VHTs and Kranks (i havn't heard them)

Mark IV.... but I heard its cleans are not that desireable ??

you heard wrong man, it's got great cleans. The original Mark I was built like a hotrodded fender with an extra gain stage in the preamp, the first to do so. The Mark series all have good cleans. If you really want something closer to the old Fender cleans, you can also put 6V6 tubes in the Mark IV.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at May 17, 2006,
Oh sorry.....

Mark IV's are totally tube maniacs playground....... You can put almost any tube in it, bias it, and get a totally new sound...... a good sound that is..... I had to take a plane to hear it........ And didn't regret any amount of money I've spent just to hear it !!!

Oh yeah, which one is better Framus Cobra or ENGL Pwerball??

Keep the faith, baby!!
id have to say the Rectos or TSL, i mean look how many people in modern rock use rectos that speaks for itself, and TSLs are insanely underated
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Oh sorry.....

Mark IV's are totally tube maniacs playground....... You can put almost any tube in it, bias it, and get a totally new sound...... a good sound that is..... I had to take a plane to hear it........ And didn't regret any amount of money I've spent just to hear it !!!

Oh yeah, which one is better Framus Cobra or ENGL Pwerball??

yeah, the mark is an amazing amp. As far as the Framus and powerball, I've never gotten to try an ENGL in person, but clips sound incredible with it. I can't wait to actually try one. I really love the Framus though. I kind of stumbled into the Mark, whereas I researched and tracked down the cobra. I was looking for the lowend and punch of a recto, with just a little tighter lowend. It kicks ass for metal, but I was really surprised with the cleans. It has a great clean for an amp with a reputation for metal.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
does anyone know if the Spider II cab + Spider II hd (or HD75) is a good combination??

EDIT: or is the Mesa Boogie rectifier cab better?
Last edited by rayIII at May 17, 2006,
in my experiance the only Line 6 products i liked were the pedals and the Flextone II head, their cabs kinda suck, mesa cabs are great if they have V30s
DONT BUY THE SPIDER........ !!!

Dude, you're better off with a ValBee !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Yes, but have you tried better ones, boutique ones ?? Dr.Z, H&K, Diezel, ENGL ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by Erock503
yeah, the mark is an amazing amp. As far as the Framus and powerball, I've never gotten to try an ENGL in person, but clips sound incredible with it. I can't wait to actually try one. I really love the Framus though. I kind of stumbled into the Mark, whereas I researched and tracked down the cobra. I was looking for the lowend and punch of a recto, with just a little tighter lowend. It kicks ass for metal, but I was really surprised with the cleans. It has a great clean for an amp with a reputation for metal.

haha, i'm like erock but the other way round- haven't tried the cobra!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i wish i had a Hughes and Kettner dealer around me the store i work at used to carry them but after pearl started distributing we cant get them anymore and we never got a triamp the only amp i want to try
I'd say the Road King is among the best Mesa offers...

And for the question posed somewhere above... Mesa cabs are great. Amazing build and quality.

I wish I could find a Bogner in-person... never had the chance to try one.