So how exactly do I use this thing. I've never used one before, but my teacher told me it would be a good idea to get one. I needed a new tuner so i just bought a tuner/metronome. Im practicing on making my chords switches better. So how would I use this exactly play the chord every beat or what?
"I have a large fridge at home and I've been eating alot of pork chops"
Use it to work on playing through scales in quarter, eight, sixteenth notes. Play triplets, play everything but play it in time to develop your sense of rythym. It will help with your scale study if you use it that way is the only reason I suggest it.
Thanks, but how would I use it for practicing chords. Like take for example a song like Brown eyed girl. The rhythm is made up almost entirely of c,d,and g chords. So would i play each chord on each beat of the metronome or play the chord once and let the mtronoime beat 4 times before the next?
"I have a large fridge at home and I've been eating alot of pork chops"
You could give yourself a count between chords and try and increase the number of beats per minute inorder to get quicker at your chord switches if you like. Metronomes are wonderful little tools like that--you can use them to practice a lot of stuff.
Quote by wHere_aM_i
Thanks, but how would I use it for practicing chords. Like take for example a song like Brown eyed girl. The rhythm is made up almost entirely of c,d,and g chords. So would i play each chord on each beat of the metronome or play the chord once and let the mtronoime beat 4 times before the next?

Which ever you want, some songs are guitar based (Like just a singer and a rhythm guitar) and on those you usually play in a certain pattern, but when you first start, like with changing chords and all do the 1 strum per measure, so strum on beat 1, let it click like.. 2..3..4.. then strum next chord on 1 again, or that's how I do it. but if you like strumming on each beat or every other beat, that's fine also, but I would start out 1 per measure than increase later
Last edited by fragydig529 at May 17, 2006,