Page 1 of 2
We all have been using electric guitars designed in the 20th century. 50 plus years ago. They are great, but I think there maybe some one out there who has great ideas. We are starting a new guitar company, really. They are coming from the Fender and Gibson factories in China. We will be carying all the basic designs. We are also going to offer some custom made models that are made in the US.
I would like to know if anyone has things about guitars that they wish were different or improved upon. We are already looking at putting a wireless transmitter in the guitar body. Any other ideas will be appreciated. If we do use anyones idea we will give them a free guitar which is built with the recommended upgrade.

Thanks,

Rick
i really wish the guitars pickups had less feedback for dual coil pickups also i would love to hear the vintage sound yet metal sound combined(integration) so you have an all around good guitar that doesnt need to be switched when you want to play something different. Also i would love to see guitars with recording capabilities built in but with the same sound and connectivity to regular amps.
id like to see a LP with no knobs just on/off switches for each pickup and a Floyd Rose

id also like to see a jazz guitar with a floyd
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
I want to report you for advertising...but I want the free guitar.

Suggestions:
-Screw-on music stand, sort of like marching lyres
-Nut raiser: sort of like TOM bridge pieces, you can adjust your nut height so that it reduces or eliminates fret buzz

And since my ideas are crap

*reported*

EDIT: No longer reported due to the lack of a name (or company) distributing such guitars.
heres an idea i had...individual pickups for each string, i have this problem on my acoustic, the low strings are louder than the high strings, this way you could ajust each string to your liking, you could make some strings quieter to accentuate notes, or some strings louder to mute other notes, just a thought i had, each pickup would have individual tone and volume controls, maybe not 12 knobs, but two knobs and a selector switch for which pickup the knobs control, if you plan to use it get back to me and i will be more specific

and another idea...some way to adjust the action of an acoustic guitar, maybe like a tuneomatic bridge or something...
Originally posted by SoFad
Guys, I'm in need of desperate help, it's been like 2 weeks since my last dump. I can't get there anymore

wow, good luck

Quote by MorelloMan1992

elephants.

buttsecks.

elephant buttsecks
i think finding a way to have a thinner neck, as far as space between strings, less width accross on the fretboard in the higher frets, such as 12 and higher would be great... cause i know my ibanez... its pretty difficult to get all the way up to that low e string sometimes... also finding a way to get good access to all of the frets seems to be a rare comodity lately with newer guitars... although i haevnt had a chance to check out alot of the set in necks by dean... but still...
Quote by 6stringwizard
heres an idea i had...individual pickups for each string, i have this problem on my acoustic, the low strings are louder than the high strings, this way you could ajust each string to your liking, you could make some strings quieter to accentuate notes, or some strings louder to mute other notes,

Those are called pole pieces (you adjust them to your liking)
You guys have got better ideas than we could come with in weeks. Thanks for the help and keep them coming. I do not want to advertize. Besides all I have are samples all over my office. I will stick by who evere has ideas we use gets the free one. The way it looks there will be more than one give away. It will probably take a few months.

Thanks, Rick
Another thought: how about a pick dispenser? Where something like the strap pin (button) pulls out to display a drawer of picks, tools, whatever.
Possibly a differently designed neck so i can play above the 17th fret without my fingers mixed against the guitar body. A different neck shape or different thicknesses would be nice..
A doubleneck strat would make a lot of people very happy.
I'd also like to see a Dot style guitar with a Bigsby.
Last edited by Roc8995 at May 16, 2006,
Quote by ras0801
We all have been using electric guitars designed in the 20th century. 50 plus years ago. They are great, but I think there maybe some one out there who has great ideas. We are starting a new guitar company, really. They are coming from the Fender and Gibson factories in China. We will be carying all the basic designs. We are also going to offer some custom made models that are made in the US.
I would like to know if anyone has things about guitars that they wish were different or improved upon. We are already looking at putting a wireless transmitter in the guitar body. Any other ideas will be appreciated. If we do use anyones idea we will give them a free guitar which is built with the recommended upgrade.

Thanks,

Rick

I am keeping track of everything posted. I will have some inventory sample in about a month. If they pass I will contact some of you. I thank everyone for the supporting e-mails.

Rick
How about a portable guitar, where it can fold up at the neck pocket or soemthing, and be able to set inside a backpack.
Quote by 6stringwizard
heres an idea i had...individual pickups for each string, i have this problem on my acoustic, the low strings are louder than the high strings, this way you could ajust each string to your liking, you could make some strings quieter to accentuate notes, or some strings louder to mute other notes, just a thought i had, each pickup would have individual tone and volume controls, maybe not 12 knobs, but two knobs and a selector switch for which pickup the knobs control, if you plan to use it get back to me and i will be more specific

Gibson allready did that with their digital Les Paul thing of sorts (you could split the low strings to one amp and the high strings to another and all sorts of stuff). All the MIDI guitar systems also use that, as well as the Line 6 Variax guitars.
http://www.gibsondigital.com/

And like mentioned, if the loudness on all the strings isn't equal with a regular pickup you can adjust the polepeices/height of one side of the pickup.

Quote by kaplac
How about a portable guitar, where it can fold up at the neck pocket or soemthing, and be able to set inside a backpack.

those have also been done, can't remember the brands but there are plenty of travel guitars

Quote by ArcticXem
Possibly a differently designed neck so i can play above the 17th fret without my fingers mixed against the guitar body. A different neck shape or different thicknesses would be nice..

Neck through construction: http://www.moonstoneguitars.com/titan/titanreverse1.jpg (best pic I can find, I remember seeing pics of some Ibanez where there was LITERALLY no heel)

or something with just a big cutout and more frets http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-06product/e06applehornhgs.html
http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-06product/e06horus.html
Last edited by seljer at May 23, 2006,
i would want adjustable pickups so that you have a dimmer switch so that you can adjust the output on them. and try to invent an easier to tune floyd rose, one that can stay in tune and you dont need an allen key to tune up and change strings.
My gear
Guitars
1.Jackson RR5
2.Epiphone LP Custom (gibson burstbucker in bridge)
3.Washburn Dime 332 (Bill Lawrence L-500XL)
4.Fender Standard Strat

Amps
1989 Randall RG-100-ES, Marshall Jcm 900
Cabinet
1999 Marshall 4x12 1960A
Quote by tool_fan_trav
i would want adjustable pickups so that you have a dimmer switch so that you can adjust the output on them. and try to invent an easier to tune floyd rose, one that can stay in tune and you dont need an allen key to tune up and change strings.

Volume control? other than that it is possible to be able to choose from different numbers of windings on a pickup if thats what you meant. Though that'll change a lot of other characteristics of the pickup as well. And I don't think it'd be easy to have a pickup that works as both a death metal monster with all the windings and a clean jazz sound with less of them working.

and yeah, a Floyd Rose with thumbscrews for everything could be pretty neat. But then again, the things that you do need the allen keys for are the things that you'd probably wouldn't want to be changed by accident
Last edited by seljer at May 23, 2006,
I'd like to see a realistically priced 335 guitar of sorts...maybe with a piezo in the bridge
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I'd love to see an affordable ES335 type guitar, with a Bigsby or something, and gold hardware and red nitrocellulose finish.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
By the way, I believe Yamaha has a Floyd which needs no tools to operate.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
Hollowbody/ Semi-hollow Les Paul?
Anyone know if someone already makes those? It seems like they should.
Roc: i think gibson did a bunch a few years ago, im sure i've seen one or two on ebay

but that said a hollow/semi-hollow explorer would be prety cool, or an arch-top explorer, i'd love one of them
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Use anything for better intonation- earvana nuts, Buzz Feiten systems, all of that crap.

Um... how about making Tremol-No's an included extra on all your guitars with Floyds?

I like the on/off pickup switch idea, I played an old Jackson with that and it really kicked the hell out of 5-way switches.

Here's a thought: Make the neck NOT extend over the pickguard on your strat models, so the pickguards can be removed and replaced without taking the neck off! (inspired by an ad for EMG pickguards in Guitar World this month)

Use Sustainer systems on a lot of models. Everybody likes a Sustainer.

Built in effects?

Jeff Beck-style scalloped heel?

Hipshot-style D-tuners on the tuning pegs?

Make sure the Volume knob is NOWHERE NEAR the right-hand position, please!
a strat style guitar, 3 humbuckers, coil tap in each one, unfinished maple neck and floyd rose. Kinda similar to hte Kramer Sambora or Jersey Star but with the coil taps. Itll be the most versatile guitar ever.

Also an improved les paul (floyd rose, easier to play neck etc)
Simple: straplocks standard, satin necks, standard coil tapping on hum's, GOOD TUNERS!

Complex:everything on this board prior to my post.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Last edited by love_O_rock at May 23, 2006,
i think the greatest thing ever would be to have a Les Paul style guitar with the 3-way switch down by the knobs somewhere so when you are playing you cant accidently hit the switch, this happens to me all the time since i strum over the neck pickup usually(habit which many people do)

a better neck joint on the LP like a neck thru would be really nice too, possibly a thinner maple neck LP too, and with all of your strat style guitars you could give them an Ibanez AANJ style neck joint or your company could specialize in neck thru designs on any style of guitar(LP, SG, strat, everything), we want fret access

also on a strat i believe it would be better to have 2 volume knobs and one tone knob
Last edited by Teleprompters at May 23, 2006,
some kind of bridge that is softer so u dont break a string so easily, same with the nut
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Les Paul with a thin Wizard-like neck. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. And how cool would it be if it was a neck-thru?
Here's my attempt at a doubleneck strat.

The 12-string headstock is pretty rough, but you get the idea. I'd kill for one of these. (After finishing I realized it would look better in red).

I made another one with the jack moved to the bottom of the guitar to make for a less cluttered control space. I can't decide if I like it better:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/550695412/2540667900071549110BUWFKj
What do you think?
Hmm, maybe a pre-installed wireless lead?
Solderless everything.

How about a hollowbody guitar with a hinged side. Something where if you need to disconnect anything, then you could without having to work through the f-holes.

Its all about MIDI interphase, there are guitars otu there that have them, but none that are good quality and affordable. I think you should try to accomplish that.
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
Id love to see a LP with a tremolo, for a decent price, nothing over 1000 dollars, you would make a crapload of money from that. Every wants the feel of a Les Paul, with the tone versitility of an Ibanez Joe Satriani model. At least thats my dream.
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
A Tele-Style guitar with active single-coil noiseless pickups and some sort of push-pull to adjust output of the pickups. The body should be countoured like that of a strat and maybe thinned out a little to decrease weight. The heel of where the body of the guitar meets the neck should be countoured as well (not quite to the "set neck" extent, but countoured enough to allow more comfortable upper-fret access). I think everyone who likes to stick with the classic Telecaster will love these improvements on it that would make it perfect.
How about a Tune-o-matic tremelo that can bend notes as high/low as normal floyd/tremelos. Also, If possible a with some sort of infinite sustaner built into it, without taking out one of the pickups.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
--I would like a locking nut on guitars even without a floyd rose, they hold tune better.
--The neck needs to be smooth, and small.
--No string trees on the headstock
--One volume knob, one tone knob, and then a bass/midrange/treble/gain booster for the third knob (it can be different based on what you want) those are so nice.
--How could I forget: I think true modern guitars should have a 'killswitch' not like Tom where it is a switch from RATM, but like Buckethead, where you push the button and it does the killswitch. Those are very cool and useful.
--If you have humbuckers, have a switch or a push-pull pot which splits the humbuckers.
--Don't have a Floyd or any whammy like that, but make it string-thru, makes the resonance so much better.
--Have the cutout so you can reach the upper frets easier, but not a double cut.
--Make your guitars fairly thin, thicker than a strat, but less so than a Les Paul
--Don't do any crazy radical shapes, and please, no pointed corners
--Plain and simple color schemes.
--Have an option for active pickups, not necesarily stock, but have a space so one can put a battery
--Make it 'user friendly' so people can mod their guitars without a ton of trouble. Don't like hide all the wires or stuff like that.
--Have two pickups, both humbuckers, and have a clean neck one and a high output bridge one
--Neck thru
--I know a lot of people want a Les Paul type guitar with a Floyd Rose

I'll post more later, I want that free guitar! Plus those are basically all the mods I would do if I bought another guitar. I think the booster and the killswitch are the most useful.

I hope your company does well!

EDIT:
--How could I forget, the inlays are VERY important, an nice creative pretty inlay greatly improves the value and look of a guitar. Don't use the standard dots or squares. Cut squares are nice, or even other things (like birds, lightning, even a pentagram if you like that stuff)
--2 output jacks, so you can either run your guitar in stereo or have two different sounding things. Kind of like Rickenbacker and their 'classic' sound or whatever it is and their 'normal' output jack. Very cool.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Last edited by Hypnot1st at May 24, 2006,
Page 1 of 2