Hey guys, I have a Kustom Lead III Sc amp, and its like 40 years old...Speakers and wiring is shot, i can still play it...but its old and doesnt have any effects.

Ive been looking at Carvin amps, the guitarist in my cuzins band has the SX full stack and its just amazing, He said it puts out just as good as any Marshall amp for half the price. The Full stack system is $899, and the half is $599 .Marshall heads alone are like 1200 dollars, except for the MG100HDFX half stack which is 599

I play blues, and some rock. Jimi hendrix, Zeppelin, nirvana and pearl jam to name a few. Which one do you tihnk is better for my style? Other suggestions wouldnt hurt. I wont go over $600.
MY gear:
Ibanez Jetking II
Ibanez Acustic
Kustom lead III 2x12
Big muff Pi
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Save up and get a good tube amp. I think a Marshall JCM series amp will fit your needs. Though more expensive, it is well worth the price.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Tube amp......im afraid thats were i get lost on amps...what makes the differnce?
MY gear:
Ibanez Jetking II
Ibanez Acustic
Kustom lead III 2x12
Big muff Pi
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Quote by electricblues
Tube amp......im afraid thats were i get lost on amps...what makes the differnce?

honestly? everything.

you dont need a halfstack IMO man. a good tube combo will be just as loud/louder as a SS halfstack. 20watts is all youll ever need.
for the last time...DO NOT BUY AN MG...use the freakin search button...how do people still come in here everday saying they want an mg and expect anything else then for us to say no.

that mg stack costs what? 700? for that you can get a jcm800/900/2000 combo off of ebay. get any of those and you'll be happy.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Of those two, the Carvin blows the marshall away.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
The carvin is clearly the best pick there, but don't stop at the SX series, check out the Master tube series or Legacys. They're on ebay every now and then and are a great bargain.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.