Well I finally got a new job so soon I'll be able to buy some nice new gear. First I need to get some pickups. I have a Jackson JS30RR (bet you never could have guessed that!) with everything stock and a Roland Cube 60. I play a lot of classic rock and 80s metal (Metallica/Megadeth), but no modern music really. I'm looking for two passive humbuckers.

For the neck I want something that'll give me nice cleans for sweep picked stuff and chords and sound halfway decent for heavier stuff. I was thinking of a Seymour Duncan SH-2N. Not sure, though.

For the bridge I need a pickup that'll give me a good 80s/early 90s metal tone, (Sort of like Megadeth's "Rust in Peace") as well as a good classic rock sound. A SD JB sounded good for this, but I'm open for any recommendations.
Your body has parts your country can spare! By the way son, here's your wheelchair!
Quote by JS30RR
Well I finally got a new job so soon I'll be able to buy some nice new gear. First I need to get some pickups. I have a Jackson JS30RR (bet you never could have guessed that!) with everything stock and a Roland Cube 60. I play a lot of classic rock and 80s metal (Metallica/Megadeth), but no modern music really. I'm looking for two passive humbuckers.

For the neck I want something that'll give me nice cleans for sweep picked stuff and chords and sound halfway decent for heavier stuff. I was thinking of a Seymour Duncan SH-2N. Not sure, though.

For the bridge I need a pickup that'll give me a good 80s/early 90s metal tone, (Sort of like Megadeth's "Rust in Peace") as well as a good classic rock sound. A SD JB sounded good for this, but I'm open for any recommendations.

a jb is cool but not sure it will give you metal tone
try dimarzio..
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Quote by Chromeproguitar
a jb is cool but not sure it will give you metal tone
try dimarzio..

Dave Mustaine used a Jazz/JB combo on Rust in Peace.

I got a Jazz/JB combo, and I love it.
Quote by Vindication
Dave Mustaine used a Jazz/JB combo on Rust in Peace.

I got a Jazz/JB combo, and I love it.

You sure about that? I heard they used SD Distortions back then.
Your body has parts your country can spare! By the way son, here's your wheelchair!
Anyone else?
I'd say JB/Jazz for classic rock, but the fact that you want metal too makes it sorta hard.
Maybe a JB bridge, and an Evo2 neck?
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Dimarzio Tone Zone bridge/Air norton neck.
Swinesheads Warthog Bridge/Condor neck
Bill lawrence L500xl bridge/L500c neck
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.