my band is coming along pretty nicely and we have a prett big show saturday at a nice venue in philly for a local band contest thing. anyway its weird at practices (we only have 4 songs so far) but sometimes it seems like we play things perfect and then other times it sounds terrible. today everything sounded like distortion and noise from the lvls on the pa being wrong. so it was frustrateing we all want to be perfect for the show so we havea shot at winning but sometimes it doesnt seem like we sound good and other times we sound amazing so its confuseing
really figure out the pa system and how lud each instramint has to be. Also practice the song(s) a couple times before preforming. And remembr to take extra picks and put them on the head between the strings or somewhere else like a pick guard. and dont worry because the people there are mostlikely not going for your band (this is what i think and it helps alot for me).
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Who hasn't been there?

Do you have a soundman at the board, or are you setting the levels yourselves?

You also have to consider the room as far as settings go on the P.A. ...
Avast Ye Scurvy Scalawags!

Pirate Gear:

Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Series 10 5-String Bass
Vintage 70s Ampeg SVT/SVT 8x10 Cab
Ibanez GSA 60 Guitar
Roland Cube 15 Amp
Yamaha DD-55 Drum Machine
TASCAM 424 Portastudio
Fix your PA system. Go to a professional and talk about the problem. Since sometimes you play well and others its wrong, you'll probably find out the problem soon... if everything still sounds like total complete noise then your songs have something wrong with it.

You might just have to rely it all on hope, that you'll just so happen to play good at the contest.
"1456"... if you're reading this, you know what the code means, and i mean every word of it.... 1456!!!
well the contest is at like a venue its all ran by this company so the venue has a sound guy running the pa. it usually sounds like crapp when i cant hear myself or the other guitarist when i can hear everything and know where on time then its more comfortable and sounds better
btw if anyone wants to hear us

myspace.com/inmysleepnj

crappy recording quality.