Page 1 of 2
I just realized that throughout the whole time I've been a member of UG and a part of the Metal Forum I've never in my time seen a Type O Negative thread.

So upon inspection I thought it was due time we had one.

My favorite songs would have to be Christian Woman, Black No.1, Everything Dies, Too Late Frozen, Life is Killing Me and many others.

Behold all that is Peter Steele! Discuss.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
Well i don't listen to their music but i have seen Peter Steele in Playgirl
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
I think this is way. Anyways, they are awesome IMO! I'm thinking of buying Bloody Kisses soon.

"Loving you was like loving the dead!"
Yeah, he was in it a while go, can't say I've seen it.

You should definetly listen to them. I recommend you get Life Is Killing Me first. Easier to get into.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
Quote by mer_der_noms
You should definetly listen to them. I recommend you get Life Is Killing Me first. Easier to get into.

Ok, then.
Well, They're Goth Metal so they belong in the Metal Forum. Besides, Type O Negative are far better than any of those **** bands mentioned except for Moonspell, Lacuna Coil, Tristania and The Sins of Thy Beloved.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
Quote by mer_der_noms
Well, They're Goth Metal so they belong in the Metal Forum. Besides, Type O Negative are far better than any of those **** bands mentioned except for Moonspell, Lacuna Coil, Tristania and The Sins of Thy Beloved.

There are a lot of good bands on erling's list.

May the plague take you, foolish mortal.

EDIT: And I do like Type O. The guy has got a cool voice.
Type o Negative is pretty cool, their newest tends to get over looked but I think It's a great record.

PS My Dying Bride and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds own Type of Buddy.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
I own Bloody Kisses, Life is Killing Me, and The Least Worst Of. This band is great, but I haven't listened to them in a while, I guess I'll be getting back to them.

EDIT: Mer_Der_Noms I just relized your avatar! Awesome.
lol..and the name underneath the avatar.

And I meant to mention My Dying Bride, they just got left out of that list. And Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds are decent..but nothing compared to Type O Negative in my book.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
Bah! And then you casually slag off Siouxsie & The Banshees, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Joy Division, Fields of the Nephilim, etc?

You don't have to like these bands, but give credit where credit is due. Considering those were some of the very first "goth" bands.
Last edited by totenkopf at May 16, 2006,
Quote by mer_der_noms
Yeah, he was in it a while go, can't say I've seen it.

Actually I would recommend Bloody Kisses as a first album. I didn't like Life Is Killing Me as much as its three studio precessors (Bloody Kisses, October Rust, World Coming Down).

Quote by distilledspirit
I own Bloody Kisses, Life is Killing Me, and The Least Worst Of. This band is great, but I haven't listened to them in a while, I guess I'll be getting back to them.

I recommend picking up October Rust, it's my favorite Type O album

My collection of Type O consists of Slow, Deep, And Hard, Bloody Kisses, October Rust, World Coming Down, and Life Is Killing Me. I also have their DVD, Symphony For The Devil. It's got its moments, but I thought how it turned out overall was a little subpar. *shrug*

Favorite tracks:
Slow, Deep, And Hard - Unsuccessfully Coping With The Natural Beauty Of Infidelity, Prelude To Agony
Bloody Kisses - Black No. 1, Summer Breeze/Set Me On Fire, Bloody Kisses, Too Late: Frozen, Blood & Fire, Can't Lose You
October Rust - Love You To Death, Red Water, Wolf Moon, Haunted
World Coming Down - World Coming Down, Creepy Green Light, Pyretta Blaze, All Hallow's Eve
Life Is Killing Me - ?A Dish Best Served Coldly, Anesthesia, The Dream Is Dead

-SD
Type O ftw.

Everything Dies has one the best riffs EVAR!

But I'd say Bloody Kisses as a first purchase.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Type O Negative has never really done it for me, considering their style is just so...off. It seems to have the strangest stuff I've heard from what people call "goth metal," which is basically an oxymoron.
I like 'm a lot, especially Love you to death. I recommend to but 'The least worst of' because it's some kind of 'best of' album
The Haunted fan club #1 (PM me to join)
Amon Amarth fan club #3
Member #3 of the METAL MISSIONARIES club
Member #8 of the anti CoF club
#10 MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB
I like Black No 1 alot but never really got into them too heavy.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
i've only heard very little of them so i can't really say if i like them or not or if they're good or bad. Black no.1 is great!
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by DanimalCrackers
I hate to kill the mood, but. I think it is boring as hell.

Na, I've heard songs that by Type O that were 10+ minutes and wasn't bored with them at all. Like "Unsuccessfully Coping." Haha, like that line: "I know you're fucking someone else! He knows you're fucking someone else!" Different tastes, I guess.
I've heard a few Type O songs. Pretty good stuff. Something about them made me think they would get labeled as nu-metal by the UG metalheads.
Quote by Scourge441
I've heard a few Type O songs. Pretty good stuff. Something about them made me think they would get labeled as nu-metal by the UG metalheads.

Type O doesn't have Grunge and/or (maybe a little) Alternative Metal influences with Hip Hop and Electronic in their music.
They are the leading doom metal band. I don't see how with their style they could possibly be labeled anything else. Their first CD sounded kind of thrash influenced, however.
^Leading Doom Metal Band? They have Doom influences.. but Hell Naw.

Leading Gothic Metal Band? Perhaps.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I don't really now any leading Doom Metal Band and I can safely say that as of the moment probably one of the most successful Gothic Metal bands.

I just recommended LIKM because I found it in my opinion an album that would be easier to get into rather than Bloody Kisses but that would have been my second recommendation.

But to totenkopf:

I haven't really heard anything from any of those bands you mentioned. They don't seem to be doing much. I've heard from rumors that Type O Negative plan on releasing another album in the near future. How soon or if its true or yet to be determined.

Type O are probably the one band that really got me into deeper, heavier Metal.

But to those who don't really like them or what ever; to each is own.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
^This should please you...

Clicky
LAMMERGEIER
Ooohhh..I like this..lol

Awesome that it's coming out in September..I'll even plan on going to see them.

It's great that Danzig will be doing some guess vox..twill be interesting. But on the other hand it's weird like Peter said to see someone else doing one of his songs, let alone Ville Vallo. But hey, atleast he's paying homage. lol.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
i havent heard a lot of their music but what ive heard from them i dont like
Quote by arc41190
i havent heard a lot of their music but what ive heard from them i dont like

That's fine and dandy, but what's the point in posting if you don't really have anything to contribute?
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
I don't know why I put Doom metal. I think I was listening to Pelican or something. I just wasn't paying attention again.
Quote by mer_der_noms
I But to totenkopf:

I haven't really heard anything from any of those bands you mentioned.

Okie dokie. But I?m sure you?d like some of them.

Quote by DanimalCrackers
I don't know why I put Doom metal.

Because you're a n00b, you little wanker!
Quote by totenkopf
Okie dokie. But I?m sure you?d like some of them.

Because you're a n00b, you little wanker!

Thanks for being so understanding.
Well, when I scrolled through the list I noticed alot of Pop Goth bands like Him and 69 Eyes and Alt Goth like The Cure and they're not my cup of tea..those other bands I just assumed where like those bands I mentioned..

Type O do have Doom influences..but they're more of a Goth Metal band..just to letcha know.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
Quote by mer_der_noms
Well, when I scrolled through the list I noticed alot of Pop Goth bands like Him and 69 Eyes and Alt Goth like The Cure and they're not my cup of tea..those other bands I just assumed where like those bands I mentioned..

No sir. Those pop goths bands (while I still like some of them) are definately out of league with Bauhaus, Alien Sex Fiend, 45 Grave, Fields of the Nephilm, Joy Division, etc.

Try Fields first.
Okaly Dokaly then.

How would you be able to describe Fields of The Nephilim? Just out of curiousity.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
Hmmm......well the lead singer has a growly (somewhat doomy) voice, a lot of their songs have a something of a dark psychedelic rock feel and they also incorporate metal into the picture (such as their album "Zoon.").....they also have some western style guitar as well.

(And of course, they are considered to be one of the original goth rock bands)

Just go check them out! That's the best way to know what they sound like.
lol. Alrighty!

I've been looking into them, pretty good stuff actually. Not to big on the western guitar style but it incorporates originality in that genre atleast.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
I got the DVD yesterday. I've been to a concert once of Typo but when I saw Peter on this DVD I was very impressed about his vocals and his stage performance. Especially when he squeezed his balls when he sung a high part once, it made me laugh.
The Haunted fan club #1 (PM me to join)
Amon Amarth fan club #3
Member #3 of the METAL MISSIONARIES club
Member #8 of the anti CoF club
#10 MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB
Quote by totenkopf
No sir. Those pop goths bands (while I still like some of them) are definately out of league with Bauhaus, Alien Sex Fiend, 45 Grave, Fields of the Nephilm, Joy Division, etc.

Try Fields first.

Indeedly-doo. And do not forget Siouxsie, and the Sisters I guess.

On topic: I only have a handful of songs from TON, and I really dig em. black Nr 1 is ****ing awesome!As is My Girlfriend's Girlfriend and Bloody Kisses. you gotta love Peter Steele.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I'm a very big fan of them. I own Bloody Kisses which is pretty good, October Rust which is excellent, and World Coming Down which is their best one. Peter Steele's voice is incredible imo. Nobody sounds like him.
Read my post. Not this.
I bought Bloody Kisses and World Coming Down today. I have a question about Bloody Kisses: So, I bought the digipack, which has less songs on it. Are the songs gone or added to the beginning/end to the songs still on the digipack?
Page 1 of 2