Hey!

I got a few questions.

1) I have a Marshall MG100DFX(Please dont attack me)..Amplifier(not Head)it lets out 100 watts..Now lets say I buy an amp HEAD that also lets out 100 watts..is there anyway I could somehow get the amp to sound the Amp Head?? Any way at all??

2) If the above question is NO, is there anyway I could make use of an amp head with out a cab?? Like any way to get some sound out of it?? Like plug it into something??

Thanks.
Last edited by Slash Jr. at May 16, 2006,
I don't understand the first question

You want to plug one head into a second head and use that head as the cabinat?......in that case the answer would be no
nah, i "think" he wants to use the mg100 combo speaker with an amp head.

i just added an input to my mg50 and run an epi head thru it.

ur not matching the watts ur matching the ohms.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i think i had u right on at the get go. so the answer is yes.

added an input
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

That's down and dirty soldering right there. Simple answer too.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
^But how does the speaker soudn Jenny? Also Jenny coudl you record your Epi Junior...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Could you post some more pictures dude?? I still don't understand fully what you are doing. Are you plugging into the back or what??
i took the two "quick disconnect" tabs off the back of the marshall speaker.
marked the poss and the neg with masking tape.

it should say + and - in the speaker.

then i split and crimped on two new clamps (clips) i bought from radio shack in an assortment of sizes. i then attached them to heavy gauge speaker wire i had.

the other end of the "new" speaker wires get connected to the 1/4" output jack i bought.

there are two lugs on the plug. a + and a -. u need to match them up to the speaker.

my ohms match. (written on the amp speaker) and i didnt overpower in watts, as my new head was only a 5 w tube amp.

so i plugged my Speaker Cable into the back, matching ohm output. and into the hanging input jack pictured above. (feel free to drill a hole and perm attach it to back of amp.)

also i disabled the MG controls. but i can swap it back manually in a minute, if i choose to.

lastly, u dont need to turn on the combo. ur just using the speaker on it. the power is from the head.

edit: gabel, it sounds REALLY good, because i run out from my dd6 delay to my blues jr, and at the same time in stereo, to my epi head.
the epi comes out really dark thru the mg speaker and compliments the Bjr nicely.
im sure ill eventually swap that speaker tho. might even improve my MG a little.

if u realy want, ill go down and take a flury of pics.
just tell me where ur confused cause it took me about 20 mins total.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at May 17, 2006,
^could you just take some pictures from the back on the amplifier?? Thanks alot man your awesome.

And how did you disable the MG controls??

The parts i really don't get is this:

"i took the two "quick disconnect" tabs off the back of the marshall speaker.

then i split and crimped on two new clamps (clips) i bought from radio shack in an assortment of sizes. i then attached them to heavy gauge speaker wire i had.

the other end of the "new" speaker wires get connected to the 1/4" output jack i bought.

there are two lugs on the plug. a + and a -. u need to match them up to the speaker."

Sorry. I'm really stupid.
And how did you disable the MG controls??
i mean i pulled the wires off the combo's speaker, so now, the speaker is no longer connected to the amps controls. i dont even turn on the combo, when i use the speaker.

The parts i really don't get is this:

"i took the two "quick disconnect" tabs off the back of the marshall speaker.
again, all this means is, i took the 2 wires, one red and one white off the speaker in the combo amps box. when i took them off i made sure to mark which one was possitive, so that if i ever needed to reattach them, i would know which tab to connect it to.

means it's marked possitive and negative on the speaker, so u know which tab is which.

i bought a packet of connecting clips at radio shack. they come in a bunch of sizes. then i soldered a clip to a red speaker wire. and a clip to a red/white speaker wire.

new wires attached with clips.

the other end of these two wires gets soldered to a 1/4" jack

there are two lugs on the plug. a + and a -. u need to match them up to the speaker."
on the jack, there is a possitive part and a negative part. the wire that leads to the possive lug on the speaker gets soldered to the poss part of the jack.

this is a 1/4" plug, ignore the arrow and the writting.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at May 18, 2006,
So how does that Epiphone sound? I mean it's 5 watts, all tube, bet it overdrives quuite nicely? I mean, on it's own without being synched with the JR. I was once thinking about buying one, small, cheap, all tube.
yeah its great, eardrum blowing easy to overdrive. gave me a reason to dust off the marshall. only $99 shipped.

very smooth, vintage sound, no hum, one knob simplicity. has classic looks and is easy to tote around, if i ever wanted to i guess.

for the price of a pedal. you cant really go wrong.
the hardest part is finding them in stock.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yeah its great, eardrum blowing easy to overdrive. gave me a reason to dust off the marshall. only $99 shipped.

very smooth, vintage sound, no hum, one knob simplicity. has classic looks and is easy to tote around, if i ever wanted to i guess.

for the price of a pedal. you cant really go wrong.
the hardest part is finding them in stock.

hate to hijack the thread, but do you happen to know if those Epi junior Heads are available over here in England? I might buy one if they are
sorry, i got mine at music123.com.
not sure what oneline sites u have.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62