hey im pretty set on purchasing the vox ac15 I should get a ac30 but i juts cant afford it. Is 15 watts of tube power good for gigs? any one tried this amp, and whats your opinion on it?
Hey
Well i heard it soudns good (Havent tried an AC15, but AC30). Also do you want clean sounds out of it? Since you wont have as much headroom.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Well AC30's have some great Overdrive though. Especcially when you have low overdrive, were it just startes to break up.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Its not enough for gigs cause thats like 37 watts of ss. You need at least 60 watts to get over a drummer. Thats the minimum. The AC30 is perfect for small gigs
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Last edited by Distortion_101 at May 17, 2006,
Quote by Distortion_101
Its not enough for gigs cause thats like 37 watts of ss. You need at least 60 watts to get over a drummer. Thats the minimum. The AC30 is perfect for small gigs

You'd be really surprised on how loud an AC30 can really get. The wattage rating is really deceiving when you start gigging with it because I've heard many stories where an AC30 hung with a half stack 50W tube Marshall provided the AC30 is properly positioned for maximum sound dissipation.

I have a CC2X that I use in my home and I've tried cranking it a few times and it is unbelievably loud.
AC30's are the loudest 30w low to medium gain amps I've ever played. Most AC30's are actually a little over 30 watts (.....33 watts)
lol everytime i try and talk about the ac15 everyone talkes about the ac30 i need info on the 15!!!!
Hey
well i have the ac30 and its really really great for clean tones and sounds really good. im sure that the ac15 is for the most part the same but just not as loud. the ac30 doesnt have much overdrive...so i bought a overdrive pedal for 80 bucks.. and its amazing. vox amps are good. if i were you i would keep saving. thats what i did to get the ac30. the extra wattage is good. and will be helpful when you want to do gigs and other things. i know its not fun to wait but its worth it.
yo
Last edited by sr.rockalot at May 17, 2006,
My 15 watt SS can get over drums....
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
Quote by Distortion_101

What are you talking about? I have a Fender Blues jr. 15 watt tube and it could KILL the drums and I'm %100 sure it can play in clubs.
Quote by The Iron Man
My 15 watt SS can get over drums....

wow what kinda 15 watt ss do you have cuz my 25 watt ss wont go over drums
Hey
Quote by jrthegreat91
wow what kinda 15 watt ss do you have cuz my 25 watt ss wont go over drums

Vox valvetronix. I turned it to like 95 % max to be heard and to be heard over rhythm is 100 percent. But im not perfectly heard when theres a rhythm guitar. The amp sounded amazing BTW when fully cranked. But I think if the drummer pounds the drums like a mad man I might not have been heard that well.

EDIT: I remember playing some ones fender mini amp. It was 15 watts. And I was able to get over drums.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
Last edited by The Iron Man at May 17, 2006,