well i was looking into a bigger amp maybe a vox or a roland. but i realized i might want to scale it down a bit because of my nieghbors what would be a good amp for practice that would let my guitar sound like a guitar. my current amp a behringer g108fx fire bird is so cheap it does not sound like a guitar reall. to get a nice clean tone i can hear i need to crank the volume..
things you should know

i am still learning and taking leasons
i like to play jazzy stuff all the way up to the heavier rock
my guitar is a epiphone les paul 100
i am going to the music store tomarrow so please help
is the microcube i decent amp? i heard they are hard to get a clean sound out of
The Line 6 Spider II. Alot of ppl give it **** but Id suggest playing it first and see what you think...It has alot of cool effects built into it.
My Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Ernie Ball's Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Strings
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960A Cab
Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
vox ac 15 or 30
or the

roland 15

both great amps
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
vox ad30vt.

goes pretty loud when you want it too, has great cleans, fits your spectrum perfectly and the back of it has a knob that takes down the wattage, essentially making it quieter than anything.
vox ad15vt + headphones
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
Quote by Metal_696
The Line 6 Spider II. Alot of ppl give it **** but Id suggest playing it first and see what you think...It has alot of cool effects built into it.

thanks for all the replys
i think i will test out the micro cube roland 15 and the vox 30 tomarrow
we just got a bunch of Cubes (Cube 60s, 30s, and we got the red microcubes) at work. it was the first time ive had a good chance to sit down and review them. and WOW.

fncking wow. thats all i can say.

the acoustic sim sounds better then my ACTUAL acoustic. and the 'metal' and 'R-fier' settings are amazing.

i think the microcube would be perfect...it may look small but damn that thing screams.
yea my younger cuzin had a rolland 60... and i was compleatly blown away by the thing
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by wylde_overdrive

lmfao see I told you...
But it would be a nice little amp to practice with, espacially in an apartment.
My Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Ernie Ball's Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Strings
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960A Cab
Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Vox great cleans, can get into heavy rock easily. Roland is more metal based, and the cleans weren't amazing imo.
You can always try the Epi Valve Jr in the 5W 99$ flavor. The latest production run has modifications that eliminate the hum that dogged the earlier production of these. Be sure to play one at the store before taking it home to make sure you have received one of these later amps.