any ideas for amps around $1200? im playing thru a cheap marshall solid state (which, by the way, i had re-wired by a friend at a local amp shop and it sounds really really good). it works fine for now, but i'd like something better. im think maybe 5150 or 6505 off of ebay...i'd like jcm or even mesa but it might be too expensive (is ebay a reliable place to get amps?). oh, and i play metal. any advice will be appreciated, these forums already helped me pick my guitar
My gear -
Schecter C1 FR Hellraiser
Samick Interceptor
Custom built jackson knock off
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412
Tons of effects pedals (boss eq, delay chorus...)
Last edited by emo blows at May 17, 2006,
hah from the way people talk of mg's on these forums, i thought first reply would be "YOU SUCK" or something along those lines. no sound clips at the time, i wish i could. we just played battle of the bands though...the other bands had kranks, boggies, high end marshalls...you name it, they had it. the judges (two local guitar shop owners and two student guitarists) said that my amp had the best tone, so go figure.
My gear -
Samick Interceptor
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412
i hope to have around $1600 total (and i can borrow some), so $1200 for the head, i'll worry about the cab.

um i need it for gigging, we have like 4 shows in the next few weeks.

i love lamb of god, black dahlia, and nevermore for tone.
My gear -
Samick Interceptor
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412
Quote by emo blows
i hope to have around $1600 total (and i can borrow some), so $1200 for the head, i'll worry about the cab.

um i need it for gigging, we have like 4 shows in the next few weeks.

i love lamb of god, black dahlia, and nevermore for tone.

*cough* not metal*cough*

Possibly a modded 5150 :O
not metal?
a) yes they are all metal bands
b) i said i love their tone, other bands i listen to such as nile and cattle decap don't have the tone i'm looking for. or are they not metal bands either?
My gear -
Samick Interceptor
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412
Quote by TheFluffy
*cough* not metal*cough*

Possibly a modded 5150 :O

Nevermore are so metal its not even funny.

But on a side note, a peavey 5150 is basically metal. You can't get much more mettle than a 5150. You could get a brand new 6505 half stack for $1500, not saying that you have to, but on ebay you could probably snag a head for around 600-800 and a cab you could get locally for probably under $400.. it'd save you a few bucks.

And yes, ebay is an alright place for buying stuff as long as you're careful. You can get some great deals there.