yea im gonna get a Jackson guitar with the EMG 81's and 85's and would like one with a tremelo and whammy so I can do those deep dive bombs for metal,thats what I play. But I read reviews and it says their very hard to tune,we play in C,and that changing strings are hard also. How much trouble would this be or should I just stick to the regular non-tremelo Jackson?
do you always play in C? what jackson are you looking at?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
But i just gotta know how well they handle down-tuning and how complicated they are. I know my friend Marc from A Dozen Furies uses the Jackson with the floyd rose and they play in C so...
I'd have thought it should be fine, as long as you pretty much stick to one tuning. You'd want to check with someone who actually tunes that low, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I got a Jackson with a tremolo bridge, the stock bridge sucked so I replaced it with an Original Floyd Rose.

If you wanna play in low tuning make sure you use thicker gauge strings like 11s or 13s. The stock set of strings are like 9-42.

With trem bridges you also need to adjust the spring tension in the guitar's body so that the bridge is level.
Jackson Warrior w/ SH-10&SH-13, Floyd Rose Original

1990 Marshall JCM 900 4100
w/ EL-34 Mullard re-issue Power tubes
V1: Harma STR-270 & V2,3: GT-12AX7-M

Boss GE-7 EQ
thanks for the help,and if anyone here plays Jacksons in low tunings let me know how it goes from someone whos doing it first hand.