can someone lead me in the right direction as to a death metal type of distortion? this is my first attempt and doing anything with electronics, so could this be a wise way to start off?

comments and or site links would be greatly appriated!
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Find a circuit for the Smash Drive, its based of a LM386 chip and will do relatively high gain type sound.

There are some others but I can't remember the name of it (Volcano or something? check over the threads in the section, someone recently posted a list of a ton of sites with effect schematics)
hey thanks for the sites, soem of them really good. and pink queen^ if these are too hard for first builds, what would be good to do as an electronic kind of build?
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
I'd reccomend a booster/fuzz or so for a first build. Maybe a simple overdrive/distortion I guess.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
ok thanks man
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
Quote by adrian_brown89