I've never seen an acoustic-electric guitar with a whammy bar. But that's not to say that this "guiar" you speak of couldn't have one. And there's alot in this world I haven't seen, such as a question with a period, thereby making it a statement, and a horribly incorrect one at that.
Quote by doggy_hat
And I can always borrow my friend's urine.

Love is the water of life, drink it with heart and soul---Rumi

----i love to drink----
I have also never seen it and I?m not saying it couldn?t be done but?wouldn?t the Whammy bar eventually rip out of the Guitar since it?s made from wood.
i haven't ever seen one.... i don't play electric so this may be wrong but doesn't the whammy bar actually raise and lower the bridge on a springed hinge from the soundboard of an electric guitar? if that IS how whammy bars work, i couldn't really see one working out on an acoustic guitar.
Quote by DanimalCrackers
The Yamaha APX10 Acoustic-Electric guitar can come fitted whith a tremolo bar.
http://acousticon.net/thegear.html
(second guitar)

I've never seen another guitar with tremolo, but I'm sure you would need quite a bit of reinforcement over the wood before installing your own.

i'd have to agree and adding alot of reinforcement would almost certainly cut down a great deal on the ability of the sound board to resonate.... thus also immensely cutting down on the tone of the guitar.
Could you be thinking of a jazz box or a hollowbody guitar? More specifially, a semi-hollow body? They can come fitted with tremolo bars.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by jimtaka
i haven't ever seen one.... i don't play electric so this may be wrong but doesn't the whammy bar actually raise and lower the bridge on a springed hinge from the soundboard of an electric guitar? if that IS how whammy bars work, i couldn't really see one working out on an acoustic guitar.

Well, see, a whammy bar does raise/lower the bridge.

As a unit, in concert with the saddle.

The main aspect is that it raises at an angle, in essence, lengthening or shortening the reasonating length of the string.
Quote by StaggHound
Well, see, a whammy bar does raise/lower the bridge.

As a unit, in concert with the saddle.

The main aspect is that it raises at an angle, in essence, lengthening or shortening the reasonating length of the string.

thats what i was implying by saying it raised and lowered the bridge on a springed hinge (at an angle)... thanks for the info!
But yeah...

I don't see how or why you'd have one on an acoustic, seeing as on an electric, you can artificially sustain a note, which is the period of time when you would be fiddling with the whammy, but you can't do the same with an acoustic.
ive seen them on semi hollow bodys.
but not on full hollow bodys
Quote by _Mayday_
Some people paint masterpieces, other say cunt alot.

Quote by WantToLearn
Hi... i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water
It would be a bit of a catch-22, without some extreme 'tone deadening' bracing it would crack the surrounding timbers fairly quickly and with said extreme 'tone deadening' bracing, sustain would be non-existent, thereby rendering the whammy totally useless.
I love people who bring threads up that are 5 months old.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.