what would i need to record guitars or bass, oh yeah and vocals too. and like what software would i need? i dont have a drummer so what would i need so i can make my own drum tracks or just download them? help is greatly appreciated
Quote by guy66657
what would i need to record guitars or bass, oh yeah and vocals too. and like what software would i need? i dont have a drummer so what would i need so i can make my own drum tracks or just download them? help is greatly appreciated

This is the cheap way - what I do

1) Get yourself a microphone
2) Dowload a program called "audacity" and the LAME encoder which allows you to export as mp3's, and this is what you use to record vox, bass and guitar.
3) Dowload a program from limewire or kazaa (or buy) called fruity loops for the drums. It is rather complex though - there are threads about it to help you.

Hope that helps,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
This is how I'd personally go about it:

Mics and DIs for the instruments/vox - Dynamic mic for bass and guitar, such as the Shure SM57. You could even DI the bass instead of micing it up. A lot of bass amps have built-in DI units but if not, DI boxes aren't that dear.
- Large diaphragm condensor mic for vocals, such as the Rode NT 2. You'd be best off with a pop shield too to filter out plosives and the like.

Then connect the mics to an audio interface which connects to your PC.

For programs, something like Cubase SX and Reason work together well. Reason has a "ReDrum" unit which has loads of good drum sounds.
By crook or fist I'll lather up your gracious smile.
And take my time...