Page 1 of 2
chat about poison the well......right HERE......well not right here....down there somewhere.....
i love poison the well. i love the energy they have, how some songs can be brutal and very melodic at the same time.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
i use the term brutal loosely. compared to most bands with happy sing-along choruses like atreyu, the singer screams are more brutal, like on crystal lake.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I guess if you compare it to atreyu they're brutal, but thats not saying much considering atreyu dont even scrape the borders of a bieng brutal.

Edit: yeah crystal lake's a great song, and im not trying to bitch about a band you like or anything and sorry if it came across like that, i was just wondering about what you considered to be burtal.
Last edited by Blackout' at May 17, 2006,
yeah basically when compared with bands of the same genre they are more brutal.....i guess
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^ that's the only song i've heard by them, and i would like to hear some more. does anyone want to recommened me some?
rites of nothing.
Quote by dead_kennedy
^ that's the only song i've heard by them, and i would like to hear some more. does anyone want to recommened me some?

just buy their "opposite of december" cd. or "distance makes the heart grow fonder"

anything after that is just "eh" or worse
Botchla
Slice Paper Wrist..
etc..
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
One of my favorite bands. Ever. The first band that introduced me to "heavy" music about 5 years ago.

It's a shame because I think they get little to no recognation because of You Come Before You sucked so goddamn much (except for the opener).

But other than that, you can't really do wrong with their stuff. DeadKennedy, just get Opposite of December. You'll like it.
Poor advice.
i saw 'em monday with underoath, as cities burn, and a band called spitfire. they were ****in great, but they didnt play nerdy which made me sad.
Kick Ass Ska from the New Orleans Area

Quote by jetfuel495
Quote by DamageMachine
Could be Super AIDS

omfg like in resident evil 4? with the tentacles coming out of his head?

LAS PLAGAS!

Quote by LadyHellraiser
I like boobs
Damn, i sound like a rugmuncher today, haha.
PTW is sweet. They are soo sweet live to. Lots of great energy. I still think "Horns and Tails" is a great acoustic song. I love the subtle but energetic "**** you" in the background at 2:06. So so clever.
Quote by China Groove
nerdy

their best.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Their first two albums rock. You Come Before You bored the crap out of me.
this band annoys me. i dont like their overall 'sound'. and the vocals arent up to standard imo.
if i cut off your arms and legs
and wrap you in some fucked-up cocoon,
would you still look at me and say
"you can't catch what you can't see"
well i caught you honey,
like the clap sugar.
what do you think of that?
thanks for the recommendations guys. pretty suprised at the amount of people that like them.
rites of nothing.
Yeah theyre good. Isaw them live a little while back, and they were insane.

Nerdy is a sickkkk song.
Rabbits?

Quote by Grovermans
why would she suck your dick?

she's not related to you...
Pretty good. Playing on the Strhess Tour with Still Remains, Shadows Fall, Darkest Hour Burry Your Dead, Throwdown and I think 1 or 2 more bands.
PtW was the band that got me into hardcore.

Opposite of December is still my favorite hardcore album, and I'm pretty sure it always will be.
saw them live yesterday. everyones least favorite band there especially mine cuz the lead singer was so monotonous(SP)

their not bad tho. i think they may grow on me
I love them, been listening to them for 4 or so years now. I dont see why people dont like tear from the red that much. Does anyone no anything about there new cd??
Torn is my fav song by them.
Haven't really listened to much more than that though I know I should =\
Some good tracks, but overall I'm not a huge fan. The latest CD wasn't so hot, but there were maybe even 3 tracks off that I enjoyed.
One of the first heavy bands I got into.

I don't know why everyone is dissing YCBY, its a good record.
this is definately one of the bands that got me into core music
opposite of december and tear from the red are still some of my favorites, not too crazy about their newer stuff but i was told their recent release has some good tracks on it
I didn't read all the posts on here, but I can imagine all the kids not describing PTW as "brutal" as being someone who uses the word br00tal and likes whitechapel or some bull****

seriously, PTW is one of the first metalcore bands ever, the first metalcore band i got into, and without them i would not be where im at now. their new **** is meh, but everything up to you come before you is seriously awesome.
oh yeah and unpopular opinion: i think you come before you is their best record by far. though opposite of december brings me back, and makes me want to mosh.

my old band covered nerdy. awesome.
So good. SO. GOOD. The Opposite of December and Tear From The Red are two of my favorite metalcore albums ever and I really like the post rock influence on the new stuff.
I'm seeing them with Trapped Under Ice, Crime In Stereo, Madball, Terror, This Is Hell and a bunch more. So excited.
Quote by willingvictim
yo we are playing with this is hell on june 7th in DE, come out. i know you live close.

Where in DE? Is it the Harmony Grange? Who else is playin?
You know, I've heard about this band forever, but I've never gotten around to listening to them. Maybe because they're too closely associated with hardcore and I figured I wouldn't like them because of that, or because I heard far too varying opinions on their music and how it kept changing. I don't know. But I never listened to them.

I'm listening to nerdy right now. I like this.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Page 1 of 2