Two Of The Finest Guitar Players This Country Has To Offer Probelly Two Of The Finest Guiar Players The World Has To Offer?

Just Who Do You Think Is The Better Of The Two?

Jeff Beck Or Eric Clapton

MY PERSONAL VIEW IS THIS WHAT WOULD I RATHER BE PLAYING IN FRONT OF A CLASSIC ROCK LOVING CROWD OFF OVER 20,OOO HI HO SILVER LINING OR LAYLA?
Clapton of course, seen him in manchester last tuesday, not so great. (Did alot of his new album stuff)

Vs threads arent allowed by the way.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
I prefer Beck. Clapton's stuff with Cream was awesome, but his solo stuff doesn't really do it for me
Quote by jp141
I prefer Beck. Clapton's stuff with Cream was awesome, but his solo stuff doesn't really do it for me

+1
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
^ i didnt think much of the show either ^
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Beck's got a more fluent style than Clapton but Clapton's great for bluesy guitar playing. i prefer Beck's music in the end though.
Jeff Beck is awesome, and I love his work and stuff, but honestly, I'm going to have to go with Clapton on this one.

Derek and the Dominos is probably my favorite band, and Clapton basically showed off some of his best stuff on the Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs album.

Not to mention Clapton was in Cream, The Yardbirds, Blind Faith, John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers, etc.
I love Beck, but I gotta go with Clapton. He is fantastic in everything that he does. This is a vs thread by the way, and they are not allowed.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Clapton is better.
They Call Me The Hunter...That's My Name....THEY CALL ME THE HUNTER...That's How I Got My Fame.

Don't make me or I'll you...Well...Not really... :
?^? ?(?¿?)? ?^?...
I hope no newbies are thinking this is Clapton vs. Beck, as opposed to Clapton vs. Jeff Beck...

Toughie on this one, though. I really enjoy Derek & the Dominoes, and some of Clapton's solo stuff, some of his stuff with Cream, etc...

But when it comes to actually playing the guitar, Jeff does more for me. Side note- Beck Ola is in my cd player right now. I love that album from start to finish.