Sori i know we have had many of the "which Ibanez should i buy?" threads but this should be my last. Iv made the decision of buying an Ibanez S470. ill play heavy metal like metallica,sabbath and Bullet for my valentine. but i also play slower stuff like pink floyd. i use i Roland cube 30 for an amp.i only play at home or jam with friends. i have read many reviews and the worst think about this guitar is how often it goes out of tune (which im not worried about).
i just want to make sure this is a good buy for me. i will try it before i buy it but i wondered what other peoples opinion is. (please dont suggest a new guitar or anything, im not going to change my mind yet. i will try it and if i dont like it i will come back and ask you guys for a new decisio)
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
i couldnt congratulate you in your choice more. it's a fantastic amp, great distortion, but flick over to the neck and the gilmour tone you can get is sublime. you shan't be dissapointed sir.
Quote by metal_fretter
ill play heavy metal like metallica,sabbath and Bullet for my valentine.

Ok...

Anyways the s470 is a nice guitar with pretty hot pickups. I'd go for the EX version as I think that has the better Ztremelo. Well i know it does, but I think the standard 470 doesn't.

EDIT - ^What's your deal?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
whats funny bout the "heavy metal" part of my post???
and audiorapist
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
Quote by Rankles

Ok...

Anyways the s470 is a nice guitar with pretty hot pickups. I'd go for the EX version as I think that has the better Ztremelo. Well i know it does, but I think the standard 470 doesn't.

EDIT - ^What's your deal?

nah, the normal s470 has the zr too...

isn't the EX just dearer for "slightly better but still rubbish" pickups?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think he was laughing because those bands aren't really heavy metal...well Bullet For My Valentine certainly isn't! (it's hardcore/metalcore I'm guessing, allthough I haven't heard anything by them in a while...)

Anyway, an S470 will be decent!
They both have ZRs.

Man, all I can tell you at this stage is: Don't spend less than an hour trying to find everything wrong with it. I bought one too quickly, and man did I ever regret it. One of the worst-constructed instruments I've ever played.
^ yeah, i remember when danno got one, he listed everything wrong with it. It was pitiful...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you cant get the 2 humbucker working together on the S470, I suggest you the S520EX if you re really into metal.
Quote by JorisBlack
I think he was laughing because those bands aren't really heavy metal...well Bullet For My Valentine certainly isn't! (it's hardcore/metalcore I'm guessing, allthough I haven't heard anything by them in a while...)

Anyway, an S470 will be decent!

so metallica isn't heavy metal? and not sabbath? 0.o
Quote by JorisBlack
^are you serious danno?

mmh, what was wrong with it then? (most Ibanez's are constructed good-very good)

Primarily the electronics. The pickup selector was upside down, the pots crackled, the input jack was loose, the neck rosewood was incredibly dry, the intonation ws off...

But the trem pwned.
^Meh, I traded it in for a Fender Lite Ash, so everyone's happy.

And I somehow came out 50 bucks ahead...
well i think ill give it a go. ill post and tell you what comes of it. lol.
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
Well mine has never gone out of tune, the ZR is one of the best trems i have ever played. And i love the stock pickup sound, make sure you try out many of the same model and pick the best one, I have the nice flame orange one
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
I've got a standard S470 and it never goes out of tune. Very happy with it, but it's my first guitar so I don't have much of a frame of reference....
i played that exact guitar today at GC i would get it but im hella pooor so im gonna get a rg120 but it was really nice, thin fast neck nice trem an the trem had athing to adjust tension without takin off the backplate an ****in with the strings it was nice i wish i could afford it i say go for it man
Quote by Probie
so metallica isn't heavy metal? and not sabbath? 0.o

I'd list them metal, not heavy metal...

mmmh, you probably had a lemon, Danno?

I hope the threadstarter will have more luck then.
I like the necks on the S series, I prefer them over the Wizards anyday.

And it has a ZR.

I say that it is a really good guitar for the price.
Quote by JorisBlack
I'd list them metal, not heavy metal...

mmmh, you probably had a lemon, Danno?

I hope the threadstarter will have more luck then.

I certainly did.
Quote by Master Of Shred
I like the necks on the S series, I prefer them over the Wizards anyday.

And it has a ZR.

I say that it is a really good guitar for the price.

doesn't the s470 have a wizard II neck?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
doesn't the s470 have a wizard II neck?

Mm indeed, dammit.

A friend of mine has one, I loved it, but I'm sure that the neck wasn't a Wizard, and that's correct, because it's an SA prestige, ah well...at least it looks like an S
^ although the wizard II is a bit thicker...

but yeah, according to the ibby website, the sa has a different neck.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ haven't tried it unfortunately.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Danno13
Primarily the electronics. The pickup selector was upside down, the pots crackled, the input jack was loose, the neck rosewood was incredibly dry, the intonation ws off...

But the trem pwned.
haha pup selector upside down, maybe it was an English model with the steering wheel on the right?