Ohkay right, so I recently got this program, set it up and everything, but when I go to play, there's a huge delay (or large amount of latency, how ever you want to put it). There's also this kind of ringing delay sound after a note is played. The guitar sounds fine when plugged into the pc through my DI box, but when I try and use Guitar Rig, it completely screws with the timings.

I haven't had any problems with latency before (sure it's not perfect, but it's a brand new pc, so shouldn't really be doing this when just playing live through the program).

Can anyone please help? I hope that's some way close to being a clear description of the problem.
if you have a creative soundcard you can adjust the creative asio settings in the guitar rig settings window. i set it down to like 2 ms, and don't experience any delay.
Quote by Etni3s
if you have a creative soundcard you can adjust the creative asio settings in the guitar rig settings window. i set it down to like 2 ms, and don't experience any delay.

Ohkay right, thank for the help but I'm still confused.

In the settings, it says there are three possible interfaces: ASIO, DirectSound and Multimedia.

What settings do I use?

So far DirectSound is the only one I can get actual sound out of that resembles a guitar, but there's a huge amount of latency and that weird ringing sound?
whats your RAM?
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own
Quote by the_astronaut
Ohkay right, thank for the help but I'm still confused.

In the settings, it says there are three possible interfaces: ASIO, DirectSound and Multimedia.

What settings do I use?

So far DirectSound is the only one I can get actual sound out of that resembles a guitar, but there's a huge amount of latency and that weird ringing sound?

Ok here's my setup:

* Soundcard
** Interface: ASIO
** Sample Rate: 44100
** Output Device: Creative ASIO (ASIO buffer latency; 4ms)

* Routing
** Inputs
*** GutiarRig2 Input 1: "15: Line-In 2/Mic 2 L"
*** GutiarRig2 Input 2: "16: Line-In 2/Mic 2 R"
(I have the Audigy/X-FI front panel, those inputs are the tele plug channels).

These settings work fine for me on both of my computers, One has a new Creative X-FI soundcard and the other has an old Creative Audigy soundcard, so anything inbetween should work fine as far as i know. What soundcard do you have?

GuitarBoy-IL:
Yeah.. You might as well stop trying with that sound card. But I have heard of something you might want to buy. It's a cable with a tele plug in one end and a USB cable in the other end. It has a buildt in soundcard in the end with the USB connector, and supposedly it has really low latency. Might be worth a try? I hear it's pretty cheap aswell.
Quote by Etni3s
Ok here's my setup:

GuitarBoy-IL:
Yeah.. You might as well stop trying with that sound card. But I have heard of something you might want to buy. It's a cable with a tele plug in one end and a USB cable in the other end. It has a buildt in soundcard in the end with the USB connector, and supposedly it has really low latency. Might be worth a try? I hear it's pretty cheap aswell.

can you give me an example? I'm not an expert...
strat player forever.
damn! it's not available on amazon.... and ebay... where can I buy it from?
strat player forever.
Ohkay right I've sorted the latency out now, it's right down, thanks for everyone's help

Also, if anyone could tell me how to record using the guitar rig's tone through a different program such as Cool Edit Pro, then that would be great.
Last edited by the_astronaut at May 24, 2006,
Quote by the_astronaut
Ohkay right I've sorted the latency out now, it's right down, thanks for everyone's help

Also, if anyone could tell me how to record using the guitar rig's tone through a different program such as Cool Edit Pro, then that would be great.

When you install Guitar Rig, it should install the VST plugins as well. I'm not sure if Cool Edit Pro supports VST instrument plugins, but that's how you'd do it. Record without the Guitar Rig effects, and then apply them afterwards using the VST plugin.
Quote by LiLFLiP
When you install Guitar Rig, it should install the VST plugins as well. I'm not sure if Cool Edit Pro supports VST instrument plugins, but that's how you'd do it. Record without the Guitar Rig effects, and then apply them afterwards using the VST plugin.

Thanks a lot, I tried it on Sonar and it worked, cheers
btw i just figured out how to work the metronome
can't say i've tried that hard before tho lol
Do you not prefer to use an external program to record?

I find it gets much better results.

Much better.
well i haven't recorded anything serious yet. just recorded some loops and stuff when i write songs to remember what tha hell i was playing.
i'll try some external programs to see the differance tho.