I have the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, and when I first plugged it in I had a kick*ss sound from it. Since then I have played with settings and lost that sound.

Should I have the EQ and gain controls on the amp all the way down and just use the EQ and gain on the pedal to change the sound? I turned the gain all the way down on my amp, and I got no sound. I turned the gain up just a little, and I got a horrible distortion.
Last edited by KirkHammett2005 at May 17, 2006,
Have the batterys gone dead/lost power?

Have your amp on a clean channel.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
The Metal Zone is quite a wild beast and so you absolutely do not need any gain on the amp to begin with as it'll sound like a bunch of circular saws loose in a metal warehouse.
If the battery is dead you should be able to tell from the light, if it starts dimming, then replace the battery.

But metalzones can also do with a checkup sometimes, if your sounds goes off take it to a guitar shop, they regularly fix them up in my part of the woods. Nothing has to be broken it can just start to loose some of its sound.
if you turn the gain down you wont get a sound. you need it on clean channel
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
I doubt this is the problem, but it could be your EQ if the mids are turned way up. For a metal tone, turn the mids down below the bass and treble.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
you need to explain your dilemma a little more thoroughly because I dont see what ur trying to say.
OK I edited my first post. Hopefully it's a bit clearer.

Quote by Quintessence153
I doubt this is the problem, but it could be your EQ if the mids are turned way up. For a metal tone, turn the mids down below the bass and treble.

Yeah I had the mids scooped and the bass and treble at about 3 or 4 oclock.