Another one of my Atreyu covers. I just figured out how to get backing tracks through Guitar Pro, so this was my first trial at a full cover. I might add vocals later, but this is just it right now. The timing is off (with the rhythm guitar) at the breakdown, and the tempo for the solo is slow for some reason. I also improv'd a little on the solo close to how it sounds live, so it might not sound 100% the same. I thought it was decent. Enjoy. http://punkgtrst096.dmusic.com/

-[Black] Rob
My Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Washburn X50PROFE
Crate FXT120
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Line 6 Gear Box (for recording)

My Music
Great tone....not really Atreyu's tone, but it is a great tone nonetheless.
Playing sounded good too. Just need a band now.
Thanks for the comments!
My Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Washburn X50PROFE
Crate FXT120
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

My Music
do u mind if i take a shot at the screaming vocals? just for fun? i'm actually not a bad screamer, and ofcourse i'll show it to u first before ur concent for posting. then u could do like the clean vocals. cheers, btw awesome work.
Guitar sounds real good, this is one of my favorite song, the hi hat sounds faker than tara reids left boob :p, but the guitar is awesome, great song choice, nice work on the solo!
Maybe personal preference but I'm really not all that fond of the tone.. it's too fuzzy, and the bass from guitar pro isn't loud enough. Wow the solo is really slow lol. I'd give it a 6/10.
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
I liked it but the rhythme guitar was sorta loud, and at some points drowned the lead. Also tune the distortion down on the rhythme to alot of times u can barely tell its changing notes. Other than that I love it, I love atreyu, and I love that song.

I say 8/10
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
Compared to some of the dire **** on here that was damned good. Levels do need to be adjusted. Rthym (cant spell it, so what?) guitar is V loud and the damned high hat pissed me off bigtime. Bass need's bunked up a notch to. Guitar playings solo, i like the pinch'd notes at the beginning, nice tech.

Id love to hear that with screaming. at 2:06 wtf is going on with the guitars? One's doing double time while the other does reg.

Solo, pretty good. Some dodgey parts but nothing that cant be tightend. I know how when you record it all goes to ****, what you were rehershing perfectly suddenly goes wrong.

Nice ****!
I just recorded another backing track that kicks the crap out of the other one. The high hat still sounds Tara Reid's-boobs-fake, but it works. The tempo on the solo is a lot quicker-paced, and I'll be able to play it at a higher speed. I should have the new cover submitted by the end of the week, if not tomorrow.
My Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Washburn X50PROFE
Crate FXT120
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

My Music
Very nice. 8/10.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer
nice i like it
how do you get that tone?
and where did u get the backing track?
I don't know the original song, but the tone sounds great to me.........Well done!
The tone came from a mic like right up to the grill of my Roland Micro-cube. I play an Ibanez with dimarzio Breeds in it. All recording was done through Audacity. I have a second version that I think is a little better. Check http://punkgtrst096.dmusic.com/ for it. I did it about five minutes ago. All I did was rerecord the lead part. I was slightly drunk when I did this, but I think it sounds better.

The backing track came through Guitar Pro. If anyone needs to know how to get the b/t's, I can give you instructions how. I think it only works through Guitar Pro 4.

Also, I played the song in Drop-D tuning. I just transposed everything and played a C power chord for the open C.
My Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Washburn X50PROFE
Crate FXT120
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

My Music
Last edited by punkgtrst096 at May 28, 2006,
that was a pretty good job. not really likin the tone but it was ok. Solo was pretty good. overall not a bad job
The intro already sounds off...The first verse is absolutely kickass but I don't hear a rythm behind the lead riff, just the bass. First chorus is spot on, maybe turn down the treble a bit and have a bit more bass, too bright of a tone for me. Seconds verse is also kickass but still don't really hear the rythm. Second chorus sounds better than the first, was this a one take track? Or was it recorded in parts? The timing sounds a bit off and there is a little slip up during the bridge. Now im in the solo and its a lot slower than the original and the tapping wasn't note for note either but it sounded god damned good to my ears, kind of made a simple solo yours. You did a pretty kick ass job on this one man, good work!
High as tits
Thanks a lot! I recorded in several takes, to the point where I thought it sounded pretty good. It's definately not perfect, but I still thought it was alright.
My Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Washburn X50PROFE
Crate FXT120
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

My Music