About the bridge thing: it's normal. When you use your whammy you can also pull instead of pushing it so you get a higher pitched sound. If you don't like this you can just add a spring to it. No idea what guitar it is.

No idea what guitar it is. Though ~$60 sounds nice for that guitar. (current bid $58 or something)
i dunno what it is but i think you should buy it...hey i might even buy it, that thing is loaded with nice stuff......it even looks like it might have induviual pickup switches.....AND it has string locks on it the only thing that i dunno about it is the action that would be the only thing.....oh and about the bridge he was talking about its like a strat whammy bridge this guy is just a newby and obviously has never used one of them before its suppose to raise up a little bit and you tighten the strings in the back to adjust how high or low you want it to sit
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
The way the ad is worded I wouldn't bid on it. Sounds like a scam, even though the seller has good feedback.
Seems like either an old Jackson or an Ibanez...
Detials on the guitar are its got EMG designed pickups and a Kahler Tremolo as far as I can see...
Oh well, sure its a nice guitar
Good luck buying!
It's a "high end" Profile dating back from the mid / late 80s. Samick would produce these things with blank headstocks and sell them off to other companies (like Profile) who would put their own brands on them.

A guitarist I used to play with used to have this identical guitar, including the wierd Kahler trem copy, only in black. My friend's was branded Profile. I was far from expeirenced with guitars back in the day, but at the time, I preferred his Profile to my vintage Fender Strat for feel. Since we're taling about 17 years ago, I can't really speak for the tone of the instrument though. IMO, it's easily worth up to at least $150. If I was into superstrats, I'd pay that for this guitar just for the vintage aspect.

Based on the control layout (3 toggle switches), I wired every strat I owned from that day on based on that design. I thought it was fücking brilliant, and it was very original at the time. The toggle switches for the single coil pickups are on/off switches. The toggle for the humbucker is a 3-way toggle - middle off, up single coil, down humbucker. This gives more tonal possibilities than you can get with a standard 5-way blade switch.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Last edited by Crunchmeister at May 17, 2006,
its either a jackson or a guitar consisting of jackson like parts, cause when someone pieces a guitar together it doesnt have any logos on it, and the bridge is a floyd rose tremolo and its a floating tremolo, and is very high maintenance it takes alot of work to get it where you want it and even more work to get it to stay there, and youll never find a brige like this on a strat cause floyd rose never sold to fender, i had a bridge exactly like this one on my ibanez rg1570, when the strings ***** out the bridge went where it wanted, and the little things on the back of the bridge(that this guys talking about ) dont raise or lower anything they are fine tuners like on a violin!
"I am considered a master, simply because I am still here"
Quote by spiderbiter
its either a jackson or a guitar consisting of jackson like parts, cause when someone pieces a guitar together it doesnt have any logos on it, and the bridge is a floyd rose tremolo and its a floating tremolo,

Read my post. The guitar is an unbranded Profile / Samick. My friend owned one. And it's not a Floyd or a Kahler. It's a copy of one, but an original design I've never seen before or since, except on this guitar. From memory though, it worked quite well and help its tuning.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

it seems i did not look close enough, i apologize.
"I am considered a master, simply because I am still here"
No probs dude.. Just poining it out.

Man, its wierd seeing this guitar. It's like a flashback...

Yes. You should. At worse if it's junk (and it doesn't seem to be from the pics - looks mint), you could part it on ebay for at least triple what you paid for it. But seriously, I think this would be a decent guitar. It's not a high end guitar by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not a bad axe either, especially if you could get it for under $100. Seriously, if the dude would ship to Canada, I'd do exactly that. I'd buy it and sell the parts on ebay.