Page 1 of 2
I need some advice on which to pick, so here are some observations I've made.

price- the ltd is around 80 bucks cheaper ( mh-400=$650, Rg1570=$730)
looks - the ltd mh-400 looks better (IMO)
wood choice- I like the Ltd's mahogany better then basswood, but either would do
Pickups- Ltd has stock active 81 emg's (which I would keep) Rg 1570 has h-s-h ibanez stock p'ups. I would upgrade.
construction- Ltd has set neck, Rg has bolt on
bridge- LTd=liscenced floyd rose, Rg=Edge pro
where produced - Ltd, korea (I am told), Rg, Japan (I am told).
Neck- I hear the Rg has the best neck, But I may be wrong

I have heard good things about both of these guitars, and I cant fully decide.

Please help.
Last edited by hessian101 at May 17, 2006,
i used to have an rg and the neck is awesome! prolly the best neck youll ever play, but you should sit down and play both and then decide
"I am considered a master, simply because I am still here"
Ibanez are more for shredders where ESP's are more all around. Depends on what kind of player you want to be.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
RG1570.

Absolutely no contest.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Doesnt have edge 3 either, thats a piece of crap. has the really good lo pro edge (i think). anyway, it has one of the good ibanez trems, easily ofr standard
Quote by 9956
Doesnt have edge 3 either, thats a piece of crap. has the really good lo pro edge (i think). anyway, it has one of the good ibanez trems, easily ofr standard

That'd be the Edge Pro.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
I meant edge pro, sry

Could someone tell me a few reasons why the Rg is better?

Have any of you played the Mh-400? (not that I think its better, I just want to know if you really know its a POS,)
I didn't say the MH-400 is a POS.

It just can't match up to a Japanese made guitar.

Click.
well, I just thought that 'blows it out of the water' meant it was a POS compared to the Rg.
japanese made > korean....Seriously.

The RG has a AANJ bolt on. It feels to me like a Neck through..... If you got pretty big fingers like me, you wont even get 1 or 2 inches close to contact ur left-wrist on the guitars bolt on.
It seems to me like you'd prefer the ESP and it's probably be better value...

And mahogany would be a better wood choice.

I love Ibanez guitars... but I think the ESP would suit you better.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I like the MH400, it's a great guitar, and I'm gonna give the trem the benefit of the doubt.

But the 1570 is awesome too...

I'm gonna say it's really up to you. I know I wouldn't be able to decide...
there is the schecter c-1 hellraiser fr, which is almost the same guitar as the mh-400(except for the original floyd rose). Would that be better?
Last edited by hessian101 at May 17, 2006,
I'd take the esp, just seems like so much more for less.

but, the Schecter was tied with it, but I'd never get a hellraiser because I can't stand the looks...cross inlays, that binding on the red one..ugh
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

^spec wise tho its same as MH-400 if not a bit better due to the OFR
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by hessian101
I need some advice on which to pick, so here are some observations I've made.

price- the ltd is around 80 bucks cheaper ( mh-400=$650, Rg1570=$730)
looks - the ltd mh-400 looks better (IMO)
wood choice- I like the Ltd's mahogany better then basswood, but either would do
Pickups- Ltd has stock active 81 emg's (which I would keep) Rg 1570 has h-s-h ibanez stock p'ups. I would upgrade.
construction- Ltd has set neck, Rg has bolt on
bridge- LTd=liscenced floyd rose, Rg=Edge pro
where produced - Ltd, korea (I am told), Rg, Japan (I am told).
Neck- I hear the Rg has the best neck, But I may be wrong

I have heard good things about both of these guitars, and I cant fully decide.

Please help.

Okay, so you'll pay $80 for a basswood guitar with crap pickups and have to spend $250 to upgrade them anyway? Okay, sounds reasonable. The LTD by a long shot. I can't care about the trem, the trem isnt great, but you can upgrade that for less than you'd spend on the extra + pickups and you'd have a fantastic NON-BASSWOOD guitar.

I despise basswood, but even if the RG was mahogany I'd still take the LTD. Sorry RG fanboys, but its true. It just doesn't stack up to the MH for the price. Regardless of its country of origin
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Okay, so you'll pay $80 for a basswood guitar with crap pickups and have to spend $250 to upgrade them anyway? Okay, sounds reasonable. The LTD by a long shot. I can't care about the trem, the trem isnt great, but you can upgrade that for less than you'd spend on the extra + pickups and you'd have a fantastic NON-BASSWOOD guitar.

I despise basswood, but even if the RG was mahogany I'd still take the LTD. Sorry RG fanboys, but its true. It just doesn't stack up to the MH for the price. Regardless of its country of origin

full pickup chane for RG is 150 ish. OFR for LTD is 170ish. Still about even. and even then i stand by what i said in an earlier thread abou the uncertainty with changing a trem. Its much easier to install a pup than to install a trem.

I still stand buy my support for the hellraiser FR. Much better for the thread starer than the other two.
Last edited by mexican_shred at May 17, 2006,
I just bought an RG 1570, and dude, i love it, i cant stop playing it. As above, my plan is to change the pickups also, unless you dont want to change them, maybe you should think about the 2570?
metal \m/
Quote by mexican_shred
^spec wise tho its same as MH-400 if not a bit better due to the OFR

yeah, I'd totally have one if it looked like an mh400

the 1570 never appealed to me...no ibanez does really.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

^ if the hellraiser came in a blue burst like the one on the Classic or simmilar to LTD i would save up for it too.
Quote by mexican_shred
full pickup chane for RG is 150 ish. OFR for LTD is 170ish. Still about even. and even then i stand by what i said in an earlier thread abou the uncertainty with changing a trem. Its much easier to install a pup than to install a trem.

I still stand buy my support for the hellraiser FR. Much better for the thread starer than the other two.

3 pickups for $170? where? I went to guitar center and they wanted 80 a piece for evos... thats almost 170 right there... And what about a middle pickup? That'd bring it to between 200-240 for a set of pickups, unless you wanted to go used. In which case you could pick up OFR for well $100 easily, which would still beat out a pickup change.

And you still have a mahogany guitar over basswood, which IMO is much better, I hate the way basswood can sound so muddy without overbearing pickups. it sounds so.. Meh. It just doesn't appeal to me, there is no sparkle to the tone.

How do you have uncertainty with changing the trem? If its a licensed floyd rose, it matches floyd rose specs as long as you get the right trem. IF you can't remove a couple springs I doubt you can work a soldering gun, either. And most of all, I highly doubt that they change their specs per guitar, considering everything one in the line is nearly the exact same save for certain features such as binding, pickups, tremelo, etc, which are upgraded as you go for more expensive guitars.
The choice is still pretty clear, LTD > RG
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
3 pickups for $170? where? I went to guitar center and they wanted 80 a piece for evos... thats almost 170 right there... And what about a middle pickup? That'd bring it to between 200-240 for a set of pickups, unless you wanted to go used. In which case you could pick up OFR for well $100 easily, which would still beat out a pickup change.

MF and music 123. It only costed me 150 bucks for a pup change for all 3(YJM, PAf JOE and Tone zone) . And Gc is known as the great "money raper". Never seen an OFR lower than 170. Maybe ebay but when it comes to some of the items there its a bit dodgey
Quote by mexican_shred
MF and music 123. It only costed me 150 bucks for a pup change for all 3(YJM, PAf JOE and Tone zone) . And Gc is known as the great "money raper". Never seen an OFR lower than 170. Maybe ebay but when it comes to some of the items there its a bit dodgey

Well thats the general price for a set of pickups, between 50-80 a piece. I ordered two YJM for my brother and they were like 70 a pop.. plus shipping etc. ANd who says he wants dimarzios? How about we compare with an active EMG h/s/h set? I know EVOs are $70 a pop, and then say, a YJM which is another 70, thats $210. Or an EMG set would even be more..

I mean, if you REALLY wanna get ****ty I'm sure I can scour the internet and find a place to get an OFR for under $150...

Last time I checked $150(pickups) + $80(price difference) = $230. $230 > $170.

And you're still getting a basswood body. You gonna keep arguing? lol
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at May 18, 2006,
Quote by xxgenocide98xx

Well, most of what you're saying is backed solely by opinion. I agree with the country of origin statement, but I prefer basswood to mahogany (in some cases, however mahogany is a more versatile wood) and I can't stand EMG's. So I would be changing the pickups in both.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Well thats the general price for a set of pickups, between 50-80 a piece. I ordered two YJM for my brother and they were like 70 a pop.. plus shipping etc. ANd who says he wants dimarzios? How about we compare with an active EMG h/s/h set?

I mean, if you REALLY wanna get ****ty I'm sure I can scour the internet and find a place to get an OFR for under $150...

Last time I checked $150(pickups) + $80(price difference) = $230. $230 > $170.

And you're still getting a basswood body. You gonna keep arguing? lol

im not arguing im merely pointing out the pirces. and 70 bucks for a YJM ? Where the heck are you buying from?
Musiciansfriend in december, I ordered themf or him at christmas time...

I don't see any $40 humbuckers from dimarzio, guys.

Sorry, the RG fails. I'm not paying $80 MORE for a basswood body and shoddy pickups...

The subtotal for 2 evos and a YJM on musiciansfriend :
$194.97 USD

The total for an OFR:
$170.

So, not only would you be paying $20 MORE for the pickups than the trem, you'd be paying an extra $80 on top because the RG is more expensive. So, you'll be paying $100 more for a basswood bodied guitar.

Sorry guys, these arent soley opinions, these are facts. End of story.

EDIT:

And just to prove my point further, if the threadstarter wanted active EMGs he'd have to pay $90 a pop to put them into his guitar for just the 81s, not to mention the middle coil (if he wanted that) would be another I don't know, $70? So that'd be what, $260 for pickups + $80 more to buy the guitar.. that'd come out to $340.. Which is nearly twice as much as it would cost to buy an OFR and fit it to the LTD.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at May 18, 2006,
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Musiciansfriend in december, I ordered them or him at christmas time...

Ah. When i bought my YJM they were 50 bucks at Music 123.
Quote by mexican_shred
Ah. When i bought my YJM they were 50 bucks at Music 123.

They're like 55 on musiciansfriend now, that kind of pisses me off actually. Oh well, they were a gift to an Yngwie fan, what more can I do?
^ oh well. They are great little single coils and thats what matters
im gunna have to say the neck is what is different ...play both those guitars

pick the better neck

regarless of price...you wont be sorry
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
yeah, i say a mahogany RG would be the way to go, and thats after reading everything people have said about the ltd
Omg Ibanez ***** zone. Go with the LTD man. I have never been dissapointed with anything ltd. Where can you get a guitar of that quality with a mahogany body and emg's stock for that good of a price. Plus IMO the bridge is better on the LTD.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
I dislike the Ibanez neck because it's too thin. I like the neck a bit wide and the sound full and rich. Ibanez doesn't give any of that compared to my Gibson Les Paul. (That's MY point of view).
Page 1 of 2