Im wanting to learn how to sweep pick, i know what it is and how to do it, but i just need some songs and stuff that have easy sweep parts for me to learn on, or if any of you have a tab of simple sweeping stuff, I was thinking about the little sweep parts in some CoB songs, think they would be too fast of a song to start on?
Yeah, CoB has some pretty hard sweep picking for a beginner. Try the beginning of the "Leper Messiah" solo by Metallica. This is the first sweep picking lick that I learned.

e|--19p15------15-19p15------15---20p17-------17-20p17-------17-22p19-------|
B|-------17--17--------17--17-----------18--18---------18--18---------20--20|
G|---------16------------16---------------17-------------17-------------19--|
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|-19-22p19------19--19p15------15-19p15------15----22-20-19-17--21-19-17---|
B|---------20--20---------17--17--------17--17----------------------------20|
G|-----------19-------------16------------16--------------------------------|

That one should get you started pretty good because it's only a three string sweep that isnt blazingly fast and hard. Plus it still sounds cool slower.
e|--19p15------15-19p15------15---20p17-------17-20p17-------17-22p19-------|
B|-------17--17--------17--17-----------18--18---------18--18---------20--20|
G|---------16------------16---------------17-------------17-------------19--|

e|-19-22p19------19--19p15------15-19p15------15----22-20-19-17--21-19-17---|
B|---------20--20---------17--17--------17--17----------------------------20|
G|-----------19-------------16------------16--------------------------------|

There we go!

The funny thing is that I learned to play that before I even knew what sweep-picking was. It isn't fast at all in other words. A very good riff to start on. I can't name any easy sweep-picking off the top of my head (sorry), mainly because sweeping is difficult. I haven't mastered it yet. But keep practicing!
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

theres a good lesson by pick and grin and his friend on steal this video on here, check that out, thatll get you going

my best advice is start slow and wokr the speed up, once you get the sync down with your picking and fretting hands together itll be 'click' and be relatively easy as far as the simple shapes go. goodluck
This is advice straight from COB's lesson in Guitar World, try and use the least amount of fingers as possible. I really don't know how to explain it.... ok it's a lot easier to sweep with only three fingers fretting the shapes as you go than with all your fingers flying everywhere. Advice by Latvala himself (other guitarist). Do I do that? Yes, I did find it easier to try and use the least amount of fingers possible, you're less "busy" in a sense i guess. Example, on the opening sweep of the first solo in "Never gonna fall" alexi only uses three fingers for the entire sweep, even though it starts with a five fret stretch. But by doing it that way I found it was easier to fret the other notes quicker, especially without your pinky getting in the way. It worked for me.

Benny
ಥ_ಥ