Hey im new here and i'm looking for a new guitar, preferably for rhythm. I really like some of the ESPs, especially the F series. I really like the body style. I also really really like the EMG 81/60 active pickup set. But there all so expensive... Is there any good ideas i should put into consideration before purchasing and ESP? I plan on playing metal, hard core, rock, light rock, you know, pretty much any kind of rock. Also, i dont want a tremelo and i really like an ebony fretboard with a hardcore looking inlay, but which would you consider to be the fastest? Any other brand i should check out? i like the Jackson Vs, but i just dont know if there for me. Also, one last question. im keeping my current guitar (Cort CL-200) by air purifier, i s this a bad thing to do? i have it set on low.

Schmidt1989
I do like a thinner neck. i have a peavey heritage vtx 50/100w right now and my budget is under $800.
If you can live without the Ebony fretboard, the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser sounds pretty close to what your looking for. $649 US, Mahogany body with maple top, mahogany neck, Rosewood Fretboard, Abalone binding and abalone "gothic cross" inlays, string though body, EMG 81/81 active pickups, Grover tuners etc. Sounds close to what your looking for.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
for that price im doubting ull get a guitar with an ebony fretboard, and it may not be what you are looking for i find ebony fretboards to be quite bright and you may or may not that want that for rhythym? do you want a bright or dark sound btw?
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

i want a darker sound but yet bright enough to stand out. I dunno. Id like to sound like BFMV, disturbed, atreyu, slipknot even, so maybe that will help with deciding on a guitar. and im going to check out that schector now.
Wow, i like that Schecter. I really like that Schecter. I love everything about it. but whats special about a string though body? i can live without an ebony fretboard i just liked the black. but yeah i can definitly live without it. but again, i really like that guitar; in fact, im downloading some nevermore songs to listen to the guitar.
Quote by Schmidt1989
Wow, i like that Schecter. I really like that Schecter. I love everything about it. but whats special about a string though body?

Claims are everything from longer sustain (most common claim), better dynamics, beter tonal balance, better resonation etc. etc. etc. Is it true? Don't know, I guess you'd have to find two identical guitars 'cept one is string though, one isn't, and try it out.
huh thats cool, i really want that guitar. But as in my first post, i have my guitar set by an air purifier, is this a bad thing to do? i have it set on low.
Last edited by Schmidt1989 at May 21, 2006,