Im looking at a few pedals..memory man deluxe, mini qtron, holy grail, black finger, wiggler and tube eq..any good experiences of these pedals?..any bad experiences?..
They look the best in their depts..i have a whammy and crybaby as well. Im not sponsored by EHX (wish i was!)
Normally they have hidden features eg holy grail with flurb (flanger). Need to convince the girlfriend to spend the cash!.
EHX Holy Grail is supposed to be THE best reverb out there... and my amp's reverb is ****ed so I'm thinking about getting one myself
yeah check out the ehx website for video demos dude. You can get that Dick Dale SOund, or a church hall sound!
Electro Harmonix might just be (scratch that) IS the best pedal manufacturer in the history of guitar pedals. Combining the affordability with looks and great sound and response, EHX is my favorite pedal manufacturers.

Have you looked into the EHX Small Clone at all? It's the most kickass chorus pedal you could possibly buy.
It's the best sounding...Mine started buzzing so I traded it in for a Boss RV3. But, the RV3 is more spacey, with delay...so I plan on getting another holy grail and praying it doesn't **** up.
Memory Man is great........
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
small clone -- memory man -- dude that's so dreamy toney !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Electro harmonix are great.

You cant really go wrong with them.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
can anyone tell me if the Boss RV-3 will complement a spring reverb that comes with an amp or will it ruin the amp's reverb?

Basically my amp has a good spring reverb which I have always on. While the spring reverb in the amp is good enough for clean and Rhythm, its insufficient for lead. plus I was looking for a delay effect. if I use the RV-3 for lead and turn off for rhythm and clean and use the amp's spring reverb, will it sound good? What kind of reverb is the RV-3 ? i.e is it a plate, spring, room ?

thanks

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
EH=PWN!

Yes indeed.

And for the dude above, I reccomend a delay for lead playing...what's wrong with the amp reverb?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I own a Deluxe Memory Man, and a Mini Q-Tron and I love the sounds out of both.

The only issue that I have with E-H effects is the size of the footprint and the durability of the case.

But I love the sound, if they came packaged in say a Boss type encloser I'd buy nothing else.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
EH=PWN!

Yes indeed.

And for the dude above, I reccomend a delay for lead playing...what's wrong with the amp reverb?

Nothing's wrong with the amp's reverb. I just want more reverb that's all. plus you ARE recommending getting delay effect in my lead. So, why not combine both was what i thought. Just skeptical if different types of reverbs can be mix and matched. Since my amp's is a spring, dont know what type it is on the RV-3.

thanks

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

Quote by emperor_black
can anyone tell me if the Boss RV-3 will complement a spring reverb that comes with an amp or will it ruin the amp's reverb?

Basically my amp has a good spring reverb which I have always on. While the spring reverb in the amp is good enough for clean and Rhythm, its insufficient for lead. plus I was looking for a delay effect. if I use the RV-3 for lead and turn off for rhythm and clean and use the amp's spring reverb, will it sound good? What kind of reverb is the RV-3 ? i.e is it a plate, spring, room ?

thanks

The reverb is digitial sounding. It's not that great, but works. The pedal has pretty nice delays. When you use the reverb and delay in conjunction, you get a very spacey, ambient sound.
Ok. Thanks. Maybe combining digital with Analog is not such a good idea afterall. Are there any other Reverb+delay combo pedals like the RV-3 ?

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus