Some time ago, I posted a cover of "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls that I wrote in standard tuning. However, the cover was far from complete and lacked the best part of the song - vocals! I am no singer and therefore, I never attemped the vocals. However my friend Steve from 26th At Midnight (myspace.com/26thatmidnight) is a singer and agreed to do the vocals. He also let me record this on his Taylor 814 CE which is quite a step up from the original recording I did on my Art and Lutherie. Anyways, enough of that...enjoy it, check out my friends website www.myspace.com/26thatmidnight , and tell me what you think. Peace.

https://www.purevolume.com/infinitynd
"Iris (Goo Goo Dolls)"
Dude.. Ur friend's vocals suck.. seriously.. i am no singer, but even i can probably sing with more feeling and higher pitch than that guy.. you need to find someone better to sing this .. his vocals kinda destroy the whole cover...
I liked the guitar, But you are missing the distinct notes in the intro (they might be mandolin but w/e). What is the tab?, I really want it in standard.

I'm sorry, but I can't go without saying this. The vocals were hideous. They might have potential, but something about them at the moment....annoying? Queer? Absurd? Sorry, dude it had to be said...

Maybe I'm being too harsh because i really like this song...but I really thought your vocalist violated this song.,..
gosh he did sound a bit queer, like he was holding the tip of his nose whilst singing it also. great guitar work though
i think these guys are being a little harsh... for standard tuning the guitar is really good, i think i only heard it get off once and it was only about 2-3 seconds. the vocals aren't exactly the same as johnny rzeznik but this is a cover performance not the original artist. i'd say your vocalist definitely has some talent but i would see him as more of a punk kinda singer because he is a little nasaly. all in all though i thought it was pretty good.
Hey man, the guitar sounds awesome, I LOVE TAylors!

The vocals sound nasaly like someone above said.

BTW The Black Balloon cover, instrumentally is freaking awesome, nice piano addition =) Get some vocals on there, its amazing!

BTW AGAIN, do you mind looking at my song Meet With ME cover? Thanks =) Keep rocking 4 life.
i just listened to the black balloon cover and its money as hell also. nice work!
Alright, first off thanks to all who had something constructive to say besides pointlessly tearing down my vocalist...Secondly, listen carefully...the distinct notes in the intro are there and in fact, the match up perfectly with the original recorded version of Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. Thank you for commenting on Black Balloon as well it is appreciated and I know it needs vocals but since most people here on UG can sing better than everyone else's vocalist, I'm leaving it as an instrumental *Note the sarcasm...* Thanks again for the comments, I guess.
Quote by loudsilence
Thank you for commenting on Black Balloon as well it is appreciated and I know it needs vocals but since most people here on UG can sing better than everyone else's vocalist, I'm leaving it as an instrumental *Note the sarcasm...* Thanks again for the comments, I guess.

You asked for opinions("what you think"), and that's^^^ what me and a couple of other people felt about the vocalist. If you just wanted "compliments" ONLY, then please ask for "compliments", NOT "opininons". Please learn to take criticism if you put up your covers for other people to comment on. Ohh, but that's what grown ups do! * Note the sarcasm...*
^-- hahaha, i can hardly wait to see threads requesting only compliments
I respect the right for people to have opinions but to call my vocalist queer is grounds for me to say a big **** YOU. So before you get your panties in a knot, know that both I and the vocalist know that the vocals aren't perfect. That being said, we were the biggest critics of the song and we can appreciate what others say about it - positive or negative. But to be as childish and immature as calling the vocals queer, absurd, and annoying its just not going to fly with me. And furthermore, before making claims that you can sing this better, you should at least have something to back it up with. So post something that you have sung and then when people spill their opinions on you, you will see how willing you are to jump in and verbally violate someone else's work...
Dude you should put them up for download!
I love your version of Iris, it's neat, and I don't think the vocals are that bad! I like them
Originally Posted by jajp001
White man came (Cumming noise)
Across the sea (Wow!!!)
Brought us pain (Right in the eye, it was)
And misery ( Points to pregnant sister)
Run to the hills, iron maiden
'And i dont want the world to see me"
okay for the 1000th time it has been sung low instead of high... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
im gonna have to cover this one day lol
wish i had an mp3 without vocals on it lol
Work to live, not live to work.
Quote by loudsilence
And furthermore, before making claims that you can sing this better, you should at least have something to back it up with. So post something that you have sung and then when people spill their opinions on you, you will see how willing you are to jump in and verbally violate someone else's work...

I would have posted this earlier, but the fact that this song is not in english stopped me from doing so. However, if its just the vocals you want to see, and dont care about what language it is in, then check this song out that I did with my former band.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=74539

I am not the greatest vocalist in the world (I'm primarily a guitarist!), but i hope you have the balls to admit that I can sing a lot better than your "queer" vocalist boy ( I didn't call him "queer" earlier, so directing all that anger at me was uncalled for!)...
and yes.. i wudnt have ever said that before..cuz i dont like to slight others... but ur foul language forces me to remind you that you're just an average run of the mill guitarist, doing covers.. my song posted above is not a cover, its an originals, and its all me on the guitars.. now kiss my ***!
Ookay... Hatred = huge in here...

Fabulous guitar work, but the singer tries to imitate every pop rock band ever too much. You need to get a singer as good as your guitar work.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
What all of them said ^

Guitar was good,

The missing high part was the mandolin.

The singer cant sing at all.
BOLD.
the vocals were good.. people here judge too much by how much the song sounds like the original.. the vocals sound good, pleasing to the ear.

Good job on guitar and vocals
Thanks peaceful rocker, sometimes people forget that its ok to put some originality into a cover song. Also I understand that the mandolin part is missing, I play this song in standard tuning that matches the chords of the original. I think I liked the acoustic version of the song done by the Goo Goo Dolls better than the album version anyways. If anyone wants the tab its at http://mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Guitar,g,551,Goo+Goo+Dolls,Iris+%28acoustic%29,215179
u still gonna get an instrumental of it? wink wink
Work to live, not live to work.
The vocals weren't bad at all, the guy has potential. I think your black balloon instrumental piece was really nice.
hey dude.. u dig goo goo doll to heh?

well.. this song is one of my favourites.. i guess its not the vocalist fault, i actually think this is the recording problem.. what kind of mic u r using? for live recording.. u need a good mic like a reflexion filter or something like that.. anyway.. the guitar part was pretty cool consider it was done in a starndard tuning..

cheers~