Right now i'm using a Schecter (Gryphon) with EMG 81/85s, and a crate XT65. I absolutely hate the tone of this amp, the sound, to me, is just blah. It has no distinct sounds at all, just boring ol' distortion on the solo channel (and the rhythym channel sounds faint, not ballsy enough) I saw the Pod XTLive and it sounds like a fantastic pedal: Tons of effects, many different amp models to choose from, and I figure that's what I need, A good quality board, perhaps it would save my thoughts on my amp? I play stuff like Trivium, Iron Maiden, Metallica, As I Lay Dying, Slayer, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, At the Gates, The Black Dahlia Murder, mostly a heavy sound, with great lead sounds. Should I look into getting a new amp before I get this pedal or what? 500 is probably my limit.
the pod is great. i own one and i run it through a roland cube 30. fantastic sound. the thing is the amp needs to have a fairly decent clean sound to get the most out of the amp models. but, if you dont want to use models, there is always the numerous pedals the podXT offers. but if the amp sux at cleans then i would suggest just a better amp before you get the pod.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
well iunno but the 'live' but im sure its nearly exactly the same as the Podxt which is a great pedal, ive heard good stuff about the Digitech GNX4 but have never tried one unfortunatly (its another modelling pedalboard)
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████