Ok i have been told by a ton of people that a metronome can help my rhythm and just make me a all around better player so i decided i am going to get one but i don?t really know how to use one Like when i make it Click do i play each note with the each click or play one on specific clicks?
Well its used to "click" on each beat of the bar. like "1, 2, 3, 4" there is a click for each one. Does that help you out or do you want a full blow explaination?

For scales you could play one note for each click, or you could play "eighth" notes where you play two notes for every one click. This would be twice as fast as playing just the one note for each click. Do you get what I mean?
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Fancy metronomes also accent the first beat of the bar.

When you first get the metronome, try this though...I found it helped me with my rhythm.

First, snap your fingers twice the speed of the metronome. It helps you break down the beat.

Second, snap on the off beat. It helps you with your groove, as I like to call it.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by roamingbard13
Second, snap on the off beat. It helps you with your groove, as I like to call it.

heck yeah... you gotta find your groove!!