hey guys, i just got my guitar, is the pickups supose to be even with the mounting base? mines at an angle to the mounting base, like down slope like this a little bit \
Not really. The height of your pickups is adjustable. If you raise your pickups closer to the strings they have more output but your tone will change, too high and it becomes muddled. You can tilt the level of the pickup to emphasize different strings so if the low E side is higher its set up to bring out more bottom end.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
i tried to adjust the pickups up and down but the angle is still sloping, how come im not getting the humbucker sound out of it, is it because its not loud enough or my amp? i got a fender blues junior
lol i have a les paul custom too (epiphone) mine feels like loose lol the front one at least its tilted but ya when i do like tapping shiz it doesnt really make that much sound compared to like other guitars for some reason lol
ow... sorry bout that man... well I suggest adjusting it to different heights to get that tone you want and check the pick up switch and the wires to...
that's all I can give man...
good luck on it...
like i dont know if this is true or not, but my buddy told me you get the best tone using this method...

1. your press down each string on the last fret of your guitar...
2. allign your pickups so there as close as possible to the strings, yet make sure they dont touch eachother
Quote by zeppelin68
like i dont know if this is true or not, but my buddy told me you get the best tone using this method...

1. your press down each string on the last fret of your guitar...
2. allign your pickups so there as close as possible to the strings, yet make sure they dont touch eachother

The "best tone" is really subjective. That's how your friend might like it, but other people might prefer sinking the humbucker as far in as possible.

Just play around with the heights and find something you like. The Epiphone LP Customs are pretty quality guitars. You're bound to get a good sound some time.
hey guys i got another question, when im setting up the action on the guitar, the bridge and the stop piece after it are both adjustable in height, why is the end piece adjustable in height, do i just adjust the bridge for the action and leave the end piece alone? From the factory the end piece was raised up a few turns, i thought it was loose so i screwed it all the way back down =P
You would adjust action with the bridge rather than the tail. You might also need to adjust the truss rod if the neck isn't bowed right. It might be better to have a pro do that. It's cheap and worth it.

I rule of thumb for pickup height. Once you get your action set adjust your bridge pickup so you can fit a nickel between the high E and pickup, two nickels between low e string and pickup. Start there and make subtle adjustments to get the tone you want.

When the bridge is set adjust the neck pickup for the same volume.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.