So I think I've pretty much settled on getting the Engl Powerball, so what cab should I match it with? Just a standard Engl cab or what? Need advice and comparisons everyone, thanks.
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
If you're budget isn't too limited, and I'm assuming it isn't since you're purchasing a Powerball, look into. . .

CAA, Bogner, Genz Benz, Vader, Mesa Boogie, Ear Candy. . . Hmm. . .
Shiznit.....

Engl XXL....... Marshall Handwired 1960A with 30watters........ Avatars (but your probably feckin rich so you wouldn't want runner-ups).......... Genz Benz (real nice).......

Anyway, I like cabs to match the brand of their heads...... it's cooler on stage !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I doubt he's "feckin rich", although if he can afford a Powerball, I'm sure he can work up a little and purchase a cab that's just as good.

And don't buy a cab because it looks good.
How much is an avatar with 30s anyways ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I like my 5150 cab with my Powerball, it sounds huuuuuuuuuge.

If you're buying a powerball you might as well go all out with the cab..

Get an Uberkab or an ENGL XXL.

IF you have less, get a Traditional/smaller marshall with V30s.

If you can't afford that.. shoot yourself for buying a powerball and not having enough to buy a cab.
I understand the Bogner Shiva cab is incredible...
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
How much are the Engl XXL cabs? Lol no I'm not rich but I've been saving up for a while and selling some stuff, so yes I do want a really nice cab. While price is a factor I have no problem spending alot on a nice cab to match the head cause I know it'll sound amazing. And yea I would kind of like a matching cab for aesthetic reasons, but if another cab will give a much better tone I'd go with that. Are the XXL's voiced to fit the Powerballs pretty well?
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Quote by Trivium
How much are the Engl XXL cabs? Lol no I'm not rich but I've been saving up for a while and selling some stuff, so yes I do want a really nice cab. While price is a factor I have no problem spending alot on a nice cab to match the head cause I know it'll sound amazing. And yea I would kind of like a matching cab for aesthetic reasons, but if another cab will give a much better tone I'd go with that. Are the XXL's voiced to fit the Powerballs pretty well?

Look at spending $1,100-$1,300 for an ENGL or bogner 4x12.

$900 for a mesa or marshall

$600 for the 5150 cab

or

$400some for the avatar =x

There are no cabs for the powerball.. But the XXL is voiced for high-gain/metal/rock tones, lots of bass, fitted with V30s, etc. its pretty much the typical rock/metal thing, same with the Uberkab, Mesa, ETC.

Personally, I like the sound of it with a traditional (not oversized) marshall 4x12 with v30s, it absolutely rips and tears. It doesn't sound as big/bassy, but it cuts like a knife.

I enjoy it with straight cabs more than slant cabs, btw. I don't know why... I think it just sounds bigger/fuller coming from it.
Well it seems like, after reading some reviews the XXL goes very well with the Powerball, and has alot of bottom end which I really like. Is Engl carried by any local dealers anywhere? I've yet to see one of these anywhere (I live in Tx btw). I'd really like to try em out since I'll be spending 3 grand on this half stack.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Quote by Trivium
Well it seems like, after reading some reviews the XXL goes very well with the Powerball, and has alot of bottom end which I really like. Is Engl carried by any local dealers anywhere? I've yet to see one of these anywhere (I live in Tx btw). I'd really like to try em out since I'll be spending 3 grand on this half stack.

Well, not really. ENGL have next to no dealers in the USA... Just rocksolidamps... which sells to other shops etc around the country.

If you're thinking about reviews like Harmony Central they're full of ****, I read every review on there before I bought my powerball and most that were bitching about the cabs and stuff are total bull****. They just don't know how to work an amplifier I guess.

If you want bottom end check out the Genz Benz G-flex 4x12, Bogner Uberkab, or perhaps one of the Vader cabs I keep hearing about.

You could just buy your powerball and then take it around to try out cabs, too.. It would be easier to pick a cab that way , wouldn't it?