I'm back again in one last effort to save my band. Here's the run down.

We formed in November 2005 and inbetween then and late April, we were gigging around 3-4 times a month, were building a strong dedicated fan base, had a CD coming out, and were considered one of the most original sounding local bands around. As I stated before, our drummer quit the night of our CD release and we've been auditioning since. CD sales have been lackluster because we found the recording quality wasn't good enough for stores/radio promotion and we've had no live shows since then and have no outlet to sell them.

Practice has no turned into a place where people drink, become anti-social, just run the current set list, and there is zero motivation. Part of this had to do with us moving from our own private 2 story garage practice spot to a run-down house 30 minutes extra out of town (some of us commute over an hour) where our lead guitarist lives.

We were supposed to have our first gig since May 24th tonight at a popular bar intown which gets absolutely ridiculous filled with the college age crowd on Thrusday nights, but cancelled since the drummer we are auditioning isn't tight enough yet for us to perform. A few members told me they "weren't in the mood" to play anyways.

No one has been writing new songs recently and some of us (including myself) have auditioned for other bands for different reason (Mine being a financial one) They also told me tonight not to book anymore gigs until we are "ready".. however I noticed most places in our area are already fully booked for the summer and no one is hosting any rock shows (for the reason being most people go to the nearby resort town for the summer) I was riding home with my bassist tonight and I said "I'm having a feeling this band isn't going to be together by fall" and he agreed.

Is there any last ditch ever to save this band? If we broke up, a few members would probably still stay together and form a new band, but we just had this CD come out, we are in debt to people for CD artwork, our fans are starting to forget about us, etc.

I don't want this band to be called Washed-Up after only 6 months together, however I'm clueless on how things can change at this point.

Should we call it a day and just say we had a good run and move on to better things?
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
take a break for a little and try to collect your thoughts
keep doing gigs in 3-4 weeks and pay back the artists and keep the fans going
keep the rest of yuor band going
itt would be a waste for the band to bottom out after 6 months
can I worship you now? girls with hawks are fucking sexy.

as someone earlier in this thread said, go with one bat. HWAT.

I love you.
Quote by Dutch_Apples
...and were considered one of the most original sounding local bands around.

if this is true, i wouldn't quit.

Practice has no turned into a place where people drink, become anti-social, just run the current set list, and there is zero motivation.

haha, sounds like half of my band's practices.

i don't know why you would go out of your way to make a cd if the recording quality sucked...... especially if you're paying artists to make artwork for it.

also, why would you quit and take almost the same people with you to start essentially the same band? maybe take a break.......maybe have some bonding time together......write some new songs in a style that is different from your old cd. i dunno what else to say.
I didn't say the recording quality of the CD sucked, it was just not good enough for stores. If you want to listen, look at my myspace. I mentioned to them about taking a break before and they stated they didn't want to do it because they would suck after a few months. I'm just going see what happens in the next few weeks.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Think about it this way. You already have some experience playing together, you know each other better than you'd know any new people you might find. You have some people who know of/about you and who appreciate your music. You have some songs written, recorded too - even if with crappy quality.

You have nothing to gain and everything to lose by splitting up, unless people lost motivation/interest in the band to the point where it's impossible to recover. I'd say, you need to look back at what happened to your band, see where you turned wrong, and basically start over and try not to do the same mistakes.

Have a talk together - figure out how your bandmates feel about the band and it's future, try to find out what are everyone's discouragements;

One 'specific' advice I can give you that may be helpful in your situation is... Forget all the material you guys already wrote for a while. Start from a blank, write some new songs together, maybe even just play some covers if you feel you don't really have 'it' to write a lot of new material just yet - doing something new can be very helpful in a situation like this.

Hope this helps.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Find a new drummer and jump back on track tell the guys that ya this is a rough spot but you need to buckle down and get **** done and get through this you will find another drummer. Just start audtioning and find one then practice your asses off get in touch with the fans let them know whats going on assure them you will be back and they will be cool get a drummer then get out there and kickass.

Good Luck man wish you the best
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I think it would be a good idea to have a break for 1 or 2 months. If after that people dont want to return, you could replace them. Then it would feel fresh and have new influences.
drum machines !!! sure theyre a bit inconvenient but my band used one for a while. New drummer, people should be good enough when they join the band, they should need training.