Third version of this one. Still not done. Just looking for small critiques on the end basically.

http://www.purevolume.com/dumbblondedead

The very top song.

At the end I have a bunch of my UG friends sing with me. Those would be:

Davey (Primusfan)
Andrew (FatKidsOnMopeds)
Angelica (b-wIze)

It also has Angelica on bass.

People I'm hoping to get do some vocals as well:

Gillian (Domino)
Chris (tauket2)

Chris said he'd do it, just not sure when.

So, enjoy. Let me know if the vocals are mixed well. It's not the final mix, so some voices are alittle buried and I'm going to edit out some more pops and crackles. So it's a tid bit noisy.

<3

edit: I almost forgot, this song IS SUPPOSED TO BE LO-FI. THE GUITAR IS SUPPOSED TO BE OVERDRIVEN.

Please know that before you listen.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Last edited by AngelOfLust at May 17, 2006,
I think, you need more ovaries in it. I'm not sure why, but I think it'll sound really amazing with like more gal parts.

*E* That sounds kinda twisted =\
I meant like, girl voices and such yeah.

I'll see myself out.
Quote by BumOffBarney
I think, you need more ovaries in it. I'm not sure why, but I think it'll sound really amazing with like more gal parts.

*E* That sounds kinda twisted =\
I meant like, girl voices and such yeah.

I'll see myself out.

I agree, but I don't know as many girls that can sing as guys.
Quote by noxiosimitator

It was cool. Though I'm not entirely sure I like the ending better than the first version.

I think it needs more people... and IMO you should lower the levels a bit on the choir. When it's just your voice you get used to it and then when everyone comes in it's pretty loud and overwhelming IMO.

Still a cool song.
i am glad i came into this forum today. i rarely do, if ever. i really liked this song. andrew's vocals were completely obvious at the end. it was almost funny.
the ending is just getting better josh. seriously, it sounds absolutely amazing with all these layers of voices. if i had recording equipment, and uh, if i could sing i'd offer to as well heh

sex plz.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Needs drums...if this is some sort of community project, I'd be happy to record a drum take.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Needs drums...if this is some sort of community project, I'd be happy to record a drum take.

That...would...be...awesome.

This IS going to be released btw, and sold. But, everyones getting credit on the insert.

edit: here's a good bit of info, the original demo of this song I sang it an octave higher, but I dropped it down so the end would have more contrast.

Quote by noxiosimitator

Last edited by AngelOfLust at May 20, 2006,
It's an alright tune, I actually didn't like the ending as much as the rest of it. I feel if you're going to use a choir-type sound it should sound, well, like a freakin choir! I'd put some synth/keyboard chords behind it if you can, and also have more voices. Make it sound big.

The only problem with that would be it wouldn't quite match the rest of the song.

-SD
hey man i remember hearing an earlier version of this and really liking it, so i checked it out again and must say the cleaner style is even better IMO and i really like the melody and the ending, i think it works very well together.....the "hey hey heys" still sound really different from the rest of the song like i remember before, but its a good transition to "drink this bottle down"...i like the very broken singing style that eventually turns into a chorus, i think it goes really great with the whole "aura" of the song....really powerful stuff!

crit me?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364078
Alright, I can do drums. Can you get me me the chords/whatever you're doing, so I can play them through with my drummer so he can get a hang of it, and then we can try and work out a drum thing. Also tell me when you want the drums to kick in, that sort of stuff. And do you want me to mix the drums into the master, or just give you a drum track that you can mess?
Quote by SilentDeftone
It's an alright tune, I actually didn't like the ending as much as the rest of it. I feel if you're going to use a choir-type sound it should sound, well, like a freakin choir! I'd put some synth/keyboard chords behind it if you can, and also have more voices. Make it sound big.

The only problem with that would be it wouldn't quite match the rest of the song.

-SD

Amen on the choir

You could always just simulate it by taking the tracks that are already there, duplicate them, and then raise/drop them a few intervals.

Also the end, it would be sweet if the whole thing would break out into some huge finale. The ending is a bit weak.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Alright, I can do drums. Can you get me me the chords/whatever you're doing, so I can play them through with my drummer so he can get a hang of it, and then we can try and work out a drum thing. Also tell me when you want the drums to kick in, that sort of stuff. And do you want me to mix the drums into the master, or just give you a drum track that you can mess?

It's basically just Bm, A, G, A over and over, tuned down half a step.

I didn't use a metronome when I recorded this, so if there's a few timing issues with the drums don't get too worried. Probably just my fault.

I'd really like the drums to kick in right at the start. Just have him stop at the middle part when the "drink this bottle down" first starts. Then when everyone starts singing have him come back in.

I'd prefer to have the drum track, so I can mix it in myself.

BTW guys, last night I updated my PV with a new mix. There's nothing new in it as far as voices or anything, but I brought the singing at the end down in volume and re-eq'd the bass.

EDIT: And I believe in using talent on my songs, not digital editing. No fake choir here.
Quote by noxiosimitator

Hmm alright...I'll give it a shot with the drums, its typically pretty hard to keep in sync though when the original might not be exact...
If my accent clashes, DO NOT LEAVE ME IN

~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
wow thats a damn cool song. you know you're stuff! good community project!
take it theres no room for a guitar amped with gain to 11/10 in a song like that :P:P:P
Quote by Domino
If my accent clashes, DO NOT LEAVE ME IN

Nah, I'll just cut everyone else out.
Quote by noxiosimitator

I don't think drums will be very possible unless you'd be willing to redo basically the whole song...the timing isn't very consistent, I can get it matched up at the beginning, but it will just go off.
No drums then
Quote by noxiosimitator

I've done the same thing alot...recorded it, then I decided later I wanted drums, but then you can't put them in...

Even though I have pretty good timing, I use a metronome or do the drums live now.
Okay!
So I recorded.. but I can't find you.. so yeh.
You get to enjoy:
1) when I say it low because I forgot you said to sing it high
2) when I sang it high
and..
3) when I tried to sing it higher

funfun.

ehem.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Last edited by Domino at May 28, 2006,
I put up the new version with Gillian singing and doing a cute little irish "ahem" at the start
Quote by noxiosimitator