Well, I've been looking at ESP's for a while now, and I think I have it narrowed down to two different guitars. Both Kirk Hammett ones (Yes, I am a n00b ).
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/LTDKH202KirkHammettSignatureElectricGuitar?sku=516639
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/LTDKH602KirkHammettSignatureGuitar?sku=516641
The second one is ~$500 more expensive, and my question to you is: Is it worth the money for the 81's and the Original Floyd Rose trem?
Should I really fork out a thousand dollars for a guitar with two extra modifications? Thanks in advance!

Edit: I forgot: What about a maple body compared to the basswood body? The expensive one has a maple body...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Last edited by flyingjew34 at May 18, 2006,
^Straight answer: Yes. OFR: $200. EMG's: $180-ish.

So consider that as well...

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
"Should I really fork out a thousand dollars for a guitar with two extra modifications?"

Should you really fork out a thousand dollars for a lame signature model? Get a real guitar. Kirk doesn't even play the KH's.
i wouldnt buy a Sig modell

and those are not the only differences

theres a neck jiont that your didnt notice.......bolt-on vs. neck through

and the wood on the 602 is alder not maple

check out the M-1000 (its pretty much the same)exept the M-1000 has better tuners and its like 200 cheaper
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Last edited by numbfinger at May 18, 2006,
Yes you are a n00b . Seriously get any other similar priced ESP and you'll get much better value.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
the kh isnt really worth it , your paying for the name mainly, the name of an annoying wah addict... there is plenty guitars with similar specs for cheaper aswell.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
^

Seconded. You can get a much better guitar for the same moolah. How would it feel to look upon your headstock and see Kirk "wah wah" Hammet written? Thats what I like about most fender Necks is that the decal is easily removable.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
^Jeff Hanneman sig... that's a good guitar, but it's maple... Crunch likes it, I don't.
I would also agree that you can get better non-sig guitars for less money. But if you MUST get a KH, avoid that KH-202 like the plague. Believe me, there's much more difference between the 202 and 602 models than the pickups and tremolo..

KH 202 (low end starter guitar)

Body: low-grade basswood (yuck)
Neck: Bolt-on (normally not a problem, but the low end model neck joints are shìtty)
Pickups: EMG-HZ (yuck)
Bridge: Cheap FR copy that easily goes out of tune. Within a year, the knife edges will be work out and the guitar will always be out of tune.

KH 602 (midrange / high end guitar)

Body: maple
Neck: neck thru - AWESOME upper fret access and sustain for days.
Pickups: EMG 81 (kickass)
Bridge: Original FR - you can wank that bar for days without losing tuning and wearing it out.

There's no rocket science here. The 602 is a huge improvement all around and easily worth the extra cash.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
people say kirk hammetts guitar is bolt on. (Talking about the high end)

Kh's Guitars are neck-through but look slike bolt on, which fooled me too lol.

Anyways its really up to you, Well he is a legend of the 80's but i dunno anymore..... So maybe go for it if you like metallica and such.....
Buy the M series, you can get a far better one for less money. Wasting money on signature model guitar that is little more than a modded M series is ridiculous. Besides, EMG 81's are mediocre pickups at best, they dont have tone, only power.