I've wanted a digitech whammy pedal for a while, but have noticed some of digitech's multi effects pedals that have an expression pedal also have whammy feature. The cheapest is the RP-80 which is less than half the price of the whammy. I've noticed the RP-80 is mostly made of plastic, whereas the whammy is full metal so obviously it is going to be more reliable, but what else makes the standalone whammy worth the extra $120 for only that one feature, whereas the RP-80 has wah and a lot of other features and is so much cheaper. Is the whammy effect on the standalone much or at all better? Also, what other digitech multi effects pedals have a whammy feature?

thanks
i had an rp 80 it sucked........
they all sound so cheap(the effects)
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
multi FX are very hit and miss, you might get 40 odd sounds but usually only 5 or 6 will be decent and useable. I'd go the whammy, dedicated FX units are well worth the buy that blowing money on average multis.
had an RP-50 with an expression pedal unit, basically the same as an RP80, and the whammy it on sucked major ass! BUy a Whammy, i got one, totally worth the money, however, it does take some getting use to and it'll take a while to figure out how to use it properly, but after that, you'll have so much fun.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
yeah dude once you know how to use the whammy its totally cool. check out some Tom Morello stuff...
If your in the UK GAK are doing a deal on the whammy (i think it is still on)

I spent a good amount of time deciding between that or a fuzz factory.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by kurdtkobaign
yeah dude once you know how to use the whammy its totally cool. check out some Tom Morello stuff...

yeah, I only play on buying it to play RATM songs, so far...
Thats what i got it for originally, but once you learn to use it, you can incorporate it into some of your own songs.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by fronkpies
If your in the UK GAK are doing a deal on the whammy (i think it is still on)

I spent a good amount of time deciding between that or a fuzz factory.

what did you get? im planning on getting a fuzz factory soon
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what did you get? im planning on getting a fuzz factory soon

Fuzz factory.

Its amazing.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
well i got me a whammy last week and am loving it. its so crazy. i really suck at using it but once u start getting good with it u will friggen love it
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Stormx
oh great man god, pray tell: how do I become as cold and emotionless as you?!