Hey guys, i was wondering - How do i tune to Drop B and Drop C with a tuner?

I cant tune by ear yet, and its frustrating trying to tune like that cos its never near right.

So, is there a way to tune to Drop C and B with a an electronic tuner?

If there is, can somebody please give me instructions as to how. Thanks.
Uh.. yeah.

Drop B = C standard with the low string tuned to B.

Drop C = D standard with the low string tuned to C.

So... for Drop C tune.. D G C F A D, THEN drop the first D down to C.

For Drop B just take it down another half step from there.
Drop B is drop D but dropped further, to B.

Drop C is all down a whole steb and drop D.

Drop C# is all down a half step and drop D

and if the people are really insane then drop B might mean down 3 half steps and drop D, very typicly though it means to only drop the low E string to B

for anything on a Drop D (drop d, drop d down half/whole) system, the bottom string should ring consonantly with your D string, whatever it is flatted to.

drop B is tricky because once it goes into the lower registers it is VERY touchy to the turn of a knob.

an E power chord position should give you a consonant octaved B.

Edit:
i guess the same as genocide^ but saying that drop B/E is also referred to as drop B sometimes.
yea what he said lol (genocide). also, use an electric tuner if you can't tune by ear. A chromatic one!! or else you won't be able to tune to them notes
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Last edited by tabber666 at May 18, 2006,
Quote by boardsofcanada
Drop B is drop D but dropped further, to B.

Drop C is all down a whole steb and drop D.

Drop C# is all down a half step and drop D

and if the people are really insane then drop B might mean down 3 half steps and drop D, very typicly though it means to only drop the low E string to B

for anything on a Drop D (drop d, drop d down half/whole) system, the bottom string should ring consonantly with your D string, whatever it is flatted to.

drop B is tricky because once it goes into the lower registers it is VERY touchy to the turn of a knob.

an E power chord position should give you a consonant octaved B.

Err, what the ****? Why would drop B just be EADGBe with E dropped to B? That makes no ****ing sense at all. Unless I read that line wrong and I'm a retard or something. Drop B isnt any more special than Drop C or anything. And you dont get Drop Cb, because when you drop it a step and a half its tuned to Db, and then when you take a step away from that its B...
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Err, what the ****? Why would drop B just be EADGBe with E dropped to B? That makes no ****ing sense at all. Unless I read that line wrong and I'm a retard or something. Drop B isnt any more special than Drop C or anything. And you dont get Drop Cb, because it goes a whole note from C to B, then to Bb?

thats all right, but im just coming from not playing detuned things except some oddity like that, so i figured it was common. my mistake.

Prison Sex by Tool for example.
well don't give bad advise if you don't know
My Gear:

Well tool are garbage anyway (loL!?)

But yeah.. C has no sharps/flats! ..

E=standard
Eb= 1/2
D= 1
Db= 1 1/2
C=2
B= 2.5
Bb= 3
A= 3.5

And bah to Tabber666 for agreeing with him in the firstplace then trying to save face and change his mind.
i didn't agree with him genocide, we posted at the same time, i was agreeing with you
My Gear:

..I'm quite frankly just more confused.

I'm trying to tune to drop C and drop B, using an electric tuner.

What do i tune each string to, and how would i go about doing it?
drop c is from low to high C-G-C-F-A-D
drop b is B-F#-B-e-g#-c#

just tune down to those notes on a chromatic tuner, if you dont have chromatic tuner i'd suggest you get one if your going to use alternate tunings.

EDIT: or use this http://www.get-tuned.com/guitar_tuner.php
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Last edited by ScottishAngus at May 18, 2006,
Maby it needs to be more simlified....
right get a tuner and plug it into your guitar.
Then turn your tuning peg (hope your following) so that the string sounds lower or deeper.clockwise that is.. Depends which string and what headstock so maby just go for if the strings sounds get deeper as you play it, your tuning down.

Now do that until the tuner says C, then get the little line on the screen into the middle.
You should pass through a D tuning on your way there..
now same with all the other strings you know the order for drop C by now.. C G C F A D

Same with Drop B. Thing is you wil probably find, depending on your guitar, that when you tune it like this, by the time ou get to the bottom string, the top one has come a bit out of tune again, so just do it twice or so. The second time you will just be tweaking it.
your tuner is chromatic? not like one of the freebies that comes with the strat starter set. Because if it is, it's not chromatic so you wont be able to do it
My Gear:

If your tuner doesn't show C or F play a fret that should be an E A D G or B when it is tuned and tune it until the note is what it should be.