Page 1 of 4
Hello!

The highschool exam are in 3 weeks and I andmy friends are planing to have a performning in front of the whole school.

what song do you think is fun, impressive and easy to play

Thanx guys!
cherry pie from warrant, its a queer 80s pop metal song. but nevertheless its not too bad
if u want to get the girls play some blink/fallout boy some where they repeat the same powerchords over and over again... if u wish to please the god of rock play Ac/Dc/led zepplin my friend
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin

Thanks man.
living after midnight - judas priest, EVERYBODY loves the Loaded!... Loaded! part at least they did when we played it, and the solo is easy and sounds great just make sure ya wind up the bpm minute a bit to keep people interested and make sure you and your bass player do the thing how you do the headbanging bit and then part for the singer to come through and sing for the part before the solo, watch the filmclip to see what i mean or even better when they play it live on the electric eye dvd

also, breaking the law is awesome to do, from my experience the key is to play a fast song, or a slow song fast. speed is the key to keeping your band-inexperienced audience interested
Last edited by Diamond Dave at May 18, 2006,
If you want to be popular play something that's in the charts.

If you want to be a thrashmetal warlord play Angel Of Death
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb Combo
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Tons of Green Tortex picks
Lots of other crap...
can't stop is awesum we did that
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.

bow chika bow wow
For those about to Rock - AC/DC as a first song. Always.
Carousel - blink 182
Sultans of Swing - Dire straits (but that aint easy)
American Idiot - Green Day (only the real metalheads will dislike that I think)
Sweet Child o MIne - GnR
November Rain - GnR
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden

just a few suggestions.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
^ what he siad except i would skip and Greenday and Dire striaghts couse sultans of swing would really go with the crowd (i love the song) but for teenagers most of them wont like it.
id go for more AC/DC coz they pwn!!
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
please dont play sweet child o mine... its a good song but at a school talent comp we had recently three, i kid you not, THREE bands out of five played the f*ckin thing, so im saying it is very much overdone, of course it may not be where you are in which case go ahead
As always, depends on your band's skill level.

Playing Blink 182, Green Day, etc would probably generate a "yeah, I thought they'd play that, great" mood amongst people, but then again, if a lot of people are really into that, go ahead.

Whereas if you're able to play harder songs, something along the lines of Paradise City (G+R) would be great as you're likely to earn some respect as musicians, while keeping everybody entertained with something not every guitarist can play. You can imagine how many times people hear All the small things, Good Riddance, etc at high school gigs, and how quickly people get bored of them.
Ibanez RG2550E Prestige
Squier Bullet
Roland Cube 30W
system of a down - **** the system
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
i did "panama"-van halen a couple of weeks ago at my school gig, guys loved it coz theyd never heard it b4

if u skip the solo, its not to hard to play
?%¬°¨۞-PÀŧЯ¡©ҝ-۞°$';-.?

Quote by pixi3
So you play guitar i take it,
oh man i remember what we played with a few people in front of the whole school a year ago. damn i cringe when i just think about it...here it goes:

Green Day - Good Riddance
Nirvana - Smells Like Teenspirit
Blur - Song 2
Metallica - Enter Sandman (the only halfway cool song)

oh man...i did not have any part in creating this awfully cliche setlist, but i didnt disagree with it either. what makes it even sadder is that we were all decent musicians and could have played something cool. i suggest you play something original and creative that will not haunt you for the rest of your life.

?: worst part ist that we will be watching a video of that performance at just about every highschool reunion...oh the humiliation...
Last edited by 2slick2 at May 18, 2006,
^ to be fair its not tht cliched...song 2 should've been second :P

But anyway what about Money for Nothing by Dire Straits...most people wil lrecognise it, it sounds good and its easy
Last edited by Burpbelly at May 18, 2006,
Enter sadman will kick ass at scool. of for whom the bell tolls!
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
Songs I'd recomend:

Highway to Hell (AC\DC) *Done that*
Fear of the Dark (Iron Maiden)
Seek and Destroy (Metallica)
Living after Midnight (Judas Priest)
Children of the Night (WhiteSnake) *Done that* with a slightly easier solo...
Sweet Child O' Mine (GN'R)
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Quote by metal_fretter
Enter sadman will kick ass at scool. of for whom the bell tolls!

yeah you could play those...... if you like men.
my suggestion -

Black Sabbath - Paranoid, but with a better/different solo (someone in school did that - went dwon very well)
Iron Maiden - Wicker Man
Velvet Revolver - Dirty Little Thing
RHCP - Fortune Faded

All of those are easy songs with pretty simple solos and would probably go down well
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
well thanx alot guys for the tip but i wonder what is the easiet to do on stage:

1 lead
1 rythm
1 bass
1 drum

or

1 lead
1bass
1drum

or 1 lead, 1 rythm and 1 drum

i aint an expert on that so would you tell me what is the best to do?
Why don't you just play Purple Haze by Hendrix, its pointlesslty easy, and fun to play, plus you can just wing a solo in pentatonics.
Quote by Derigiberble
yeah you could play those...... if you like men.

.........and? i would rather play metallica than play some **** falloutboy or greenday. play somthing that acctualy sounds good.
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
Quote by metal_fretter
.........and? i would rather play metallica than play some **** falloutboy or greenday. play somthing that acctualy sounds good.

Who said anything about Fall Out Boy or Green Day?
Quote by ozzydude
well thanx alot guys for the tip but i wonder what is the easiet to do on stage:

1 lead
1 rythm
1 bass
1 drum

or

1 lead
1bass
1drum

or 1 lead, 1 rythm and 1 drum

i aint an expert on that so would you tell me what is the best to do?

You want a bass definantly...and I would go with a rhythm guitarist, so then you can have solos without losing the rhythm of the song (or summit like tht) neway if I was doin this I would go with your top choice (+ a singer)
so you would suggest a cover better then an own song right?

which i also think is right
^do one of each. make sure the cover is something they will recongnize (iron man, maybe?) and thus will more likely enjoy it, and pay more attention to your original song.
Were doing Alive by pearl Jam but you need very strong singer for that so..

Any GNR song is good

Paradise city
Sweet child o mine
November rain
Estranged (if you've got all day )

A RHCP song is good for girls like under the bridge , scar tissue or if you're funky then HUMP DA BUMP !
me an couple friends are gonna play a death metal version of mcfly for a high school talent show :]
should upset some small children...

the teachers dont know yet,
[well audition as normal, then play it crazy on the day/night]
but we will...oh we will
It's Chico Time
Alice Cooper - School's Out

it's really the only choice
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Hot for Teacher
or
that one song from Eurotrip, everyone will know that..
Its go something like "Johnny doesnt know" or something, cant remember the name.
BOLD.
Quote by beau05
cherry pie from warrant, its a queer 80s pop metal song. but nevertheless its not too bad
Quote by GNR's Fan
if you're funky then HUMP DE BUMP !

That'd be brilliant to play!

I'd probably say the "Maybe" cover by John Frusciante, it'd just be brilliant, I'd love to do that....if I could sing that great high.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Eruption + Van Halen version of 'You Really Got Me'.
failing that - The Trooper- always goes down well and realy easy.
Anything Bon Jovi especially living on a prayer, it's my life and you give love a bad name.
God Gave Rock and Roll to you. - Kiss version.
oh, or Master of Puppets.
Or Voodoo Child (easy as piss but you will be worshipped because everyone thinks its absolutely nails- and it's Hendrix)
RE: Al DiMeola
Quote by Bill69

he sucks, why woudlnt u play guitar with a pick? oh ya, thats cuz you suck. kerry king owns whoever this guy is

Member 03 of the Yngwie Malmsteen fanclub PM Yngwie Malmstien to join.
most muse tracks are good songs which arn't to hard yet most ppl like
i can see into the future but when i see you i will try to look surpirsed

Hell Rising: Mozza, lvl 5 Vampire/Human
Page 1 of 4