I am having trouble adding a second guitar to this riff. I was thinking about just playing single notes one octave up but it doesn't sound that great to me. Do you guys have any ideas of what I could add for the second guitarist?

[-----------------------------------]
[-222-3/5-222---3---222-3/5-------3-]
[-000-1/3-000-5-1---000-1/3-55555-1-]
[-------------3-------------33333---]
Why dont you just play the same thing its not nessecary to allways have two different parts
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
or you could try this
|-------
|-------
|-222-
|-xxx- and so on.........
|-000-
|--------
just mute the middle string thats what we usualy do.
Alright thanks for the input. I am going do the the octave thing like you said 7treyu in the next riff. Ill just play that along with him I guess. Make it a fuller sound.
Are you going to put a lead/solo over it? If not, just have both guitarists do the same thing, or whatever else sounds good.
Quote by Archaon
Are you going to put a lead/solo over it? If not, just have both guitarists do the same thing, or whatever else sounds good.

I wasn't going to solo over it, I just didn't feel like playing the same thing over it but I didn't really know what to play. I was thinking of playing the same thing but on the 12th fret up. Basically playing the octaves of the bass notes. I didn't know if there was anything else I could play though.