hello, i am customising my fender squier affinity series strat (nice and cheap, not too much of a loss if it gets ruined!) and am looking everywhere for a wiring diagram for it but i cant find a specific or accurate one anywhere...i guess i should have looked at it properly before i cut all the wires out (duh) any helpor suggestions would be much appreciated! please email me on jo_staelens@hotmail.co.uk or post a reply! thankyou.
Do you remember which pickup goes where? You better!
Yeah, most diagrams have the 4 terminals on each side kinda switches. I'm thinking your switch has 8 terminals all in a row. If so, I can draw you something if you like.
These go to eleven...
I'm starting to do the same thing. I found one in a dumbster strings attached and everything. If thats your main guitar I think you should frankenstein it if you're serious about it. The body is decent, as is the headstock. You should change the bridge and tailpiece though, if you ask me they're worthless. Ernie Ball super slinkies play real nice on strats I'd go with them. The pickups are obviously crap too i'd throw those away they aren't worth saving. Watch the strap button near the neck too I gaurantee it'll give one day.
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Do you remember which pickup goes where? You better!
Yeah, most diagrams have the 4 terminals on each side kinda switches. I'm thinking your switch has 8 terminals all in a row. If so, I can draw you something if you like.
yeah that'd be really handy if you could do that for little old me! thanks for the help guys/girls! also where is a good place to buy replacement parts (i'm in the u.k) and any ideas on what to go for regarding new pickups (yeah they suck). thanks again.
So you have the 8 in a row kinda switch? If that's so, use this..

I've used those colors to make things clearer, they won't be the actual colors.
These go to eleven...