When should i get new strings
and when should i change gauges?
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
in theroy like every week but that cost to much money...
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Every 3 weeks seems to do it for someone who practices regularly and doesn't get **** all over their guitar.

String guages depends on you, if you want a different sound or feel then you should change them.
Normally you change your strings when they need to be changed. When they start to sound dull that means need to change them soon. And ya Genocide98s right, string guage all depends on the player.
more like every three months than 3 weeks. Dude thatd cost me all my cash...
U mustve typod
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
more like every three months than 3 weeks. Dude thatd cost me all my cash...
U mustve typod

Three months!? I notice that my strings need to be replaced after a week, but due to poverty and laziness I only change them twice a month.
There is really no need to change strings that often. Once every 3-6 months is more than enough for the average player. Strings aren't cheap.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Six months?! I can hear the difference after 3 hours of playing. But I can't afford to change them that often--nor would I want the hassle--so I change mine every couple of weeks or so--or before a gig, whichever comes soonest.
3 hours isn't even enough for your strings to stretch properly. Maybe the difference you are hearing is the strings becoming stabilized.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

depends on string...i change my GHS boomers on my les paul 1-2 times a month...whereas i change the daardarios on my strat whenever i get around to it so usually every couple of months
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by Armored Artist
There is really no need to change strings that often. Once every 3-6 months is more than enough for the average player. Strings aren't cheap.

quite right. more than that is being obsessive, unless you play 24 hours a day.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I should probably change mine more often, but I think once a week is a littte bit obessive.
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06