This is probably a stupid question...and I'm not even sure it's in the right place but what they hey.

Basically, I'm soon setting up a sorta practice room for me nd the band, but for the microphone, I don't have enough money to get any speakers I don't think, so if i just plugged it into a guitar amp, would that work fine?

thanks
erm my band practices with the mic going into a amp u just gotta watch out coz iif you turn the gain up too high you get some killer feedback. and dont put it on overdrive lol
MY GEAR!

Encore Blue/Grey Electric A.K.A Timmy
Epiphone Black Beauty
Herald Acoustic
Lindo Custom Electro Acoustic
Boss ME-50 Multiple Effects Pedal
Boss MT-2 Footswitch
Marshall AVT50X H & 412 B Cab
Marshall AVT20
Marshall MS2
An amplifier amplifies sound. I guess it should work. Good luck with that
If its an electric guitar amp it cuts out a lot of the frquency of the sound so it will probably be a bit muffled and rubbish sounding. it should work well enough for practices though. If you have a decent home stereo sstem with a aux input that would work better.
If it smells OK, taste it.
vocals can miced by guitar amplifier, I've done it...

putting overdrive on makes some very odd sounds including horrible feedback!!

Seriously guitar amps work for microphones, even for keyboards or electric violins etc.
wow theres such thing as a electric violin? i guess you learn something every day
MY GEAR!

Encore Blue/Grey Electric A.K.A Timmy
Epiphone Black Beauty
Herald Acoustic
Lindo Custom Electro Acoustic
Boss ME-50 Multiple Effects Pedal
Boss MT-2 Footswitch
Marshall AVT50X H & 412 B Cab
Marshall AVT20
Marshall MS2
I been doing the same thing. I'm struggling to find a decent PA though cuz guitar amps never seem loud enough.
Quote by St. Timmy
wow theres such thing as a electric violin? i guess you learn something every day

yeah, i saw this chick playing one on TV. It was on DISTORTION lol It was cool in a weird way though

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote