hi there

when i get my schecter soon i will need to replace the rubbish duncon designed pickups and put in some new ones, apart from EMG's what other pickups would sound good in the bridge to get a modern metal sound!! remember the body is mahogany

cheers in advance, james
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Well I have a mahogony gibson and i put the sh-4 JB in my bridge position and i can get good metal tone and pretty much everything in between. If you strictly want a metal tone look into the Dimebucker or a seymour duncan distortion. There are a lot more out there also.... Hopefully more people reply to this to help ya out more. There's my 2 cents.
cheers mate
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Duncan JB is a great bridge pickup. The Duncan Jazz or 59 make awesome neck pickups. These pickups are all great in mahogany.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
i want something with a bit more gain than a JB but still with a bright tone
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
I put some Bareknuckle Miracle Man pups in my Schecter C-1FR, and they sounded like that to me. High gain, and bright. I got mine uncovered though, covers are supposed to warm the highs slightly.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
o, are they alot better than the EMGs, also, was there a large difference in gain.
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Most people that try them like them a lot better, they are definitely high quality pickups. It's like the gain and clarity of an active pup, with the dynamics of a passive. They are handwound, with a lifetime warranty. I can't really say if I like them better than the EMG's yet. I love my EMG's. I thought they were actually a little "too" bright for my taste, but I think covers will be just enough to take the edge off the brightness. I just took them back out of the guitar to send back after talking to Tim. He's going to put chrome covers on them for the cost of the covers. Another great thing about the BK's, if you want a special option, or extra winds or whatever, you can talk to the guy making your pups.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
really stupid question, what do more winds do?
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
^ more power.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm not an expert, but from what I know, it will increase the output and round the tone of the pickup more, due to the increased magentic field and string interaction.

/beaten by the man, listen to Dave.
amp clips
amp vids
dave_mc, i emailed jon bell form swineshead about the xbucker in mahogany and he said the warthog would be better for obvious resons, however, would he be able to add more winds to boost the warthog into metal zone!
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
^ possibly, you'd need to ask him. As erock says, the problem is, it'll change the tone too...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
mmmmmmmmm, i will email him! and offer him etra cash, would a war pig or MM from BKP do the trick
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
^ a miracle man should do it.

it basically depends what tone you want. What exact tone do you want? what amp do you have? (is it an ashdown?)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i won't something that is in between bright and dark. i play through an ashdown falen angel
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
^ well, the warthog is warm- so that's kind of in-between, but veering (slightly) to the dark side ( )

have you got the cash for barenuckles? how much gain does the fallen angel have?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
As UG's reigning Sith Lord, I have to support anything that leans to the dark side.

Try something PAF-y for a warm pickup that's not too bright or dark.
^ for metal, though?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^For metal I'd recommend something bright anyway, I don't think warm works for high gain.
^ do you want me to bring out my engl clips again?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^

but i thought the fallen angel was a metal amp too?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ ah, ok, i haven't tried it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?