Hey guys, just looking for a little tone help! I'm playing a midrange Ibanez (RG) through a Keeley Metal Zone, a DD-5 (delay), a CE-5, a Big Muff, a GE-7 (equalizer) and a Boss Phaser. I've been looking into tube amps, and i have decided to go for a Peavey Classic 50. Can anyone give me any tone tips for this set up? I will be a first time tube amp user, so there really is a lot you could help me with. I am looking for a sweet lead sound, high gain but high mids. Could anyone who has any experience with the Keeley Metal Zone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance,

Ben
I can't say for sure how applicable this is to your situation, but I have a great way of getting a wide range of tones from a pretty simple setup.
Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Effects: Crybaby From Hell, Boss OD-20

Naturally, the amp has phenomenal clean tones with very muddy distortion. I would describe the distortion as garbage. However, adding the OD-20 has allowed me to compensate for that better than I could have imagined. I have an Ibanez with a Seymour Duncan Jazz (neck), Dimarzio Chopper (middle) and a Dimarzio Evolution (bridge), and it produces amazing distortion.

Basically what I'm saying is whatever the amp lacks naturally, you can probably make up for it with that pedal (OD-20) and some decent pickups.
Quote by gimme_shelter
Hey guys, just looking for a little tone help! I'm playing a midrange Ibanez (RG) through a Keeley Metal Zone, a DD-5 (delay), a CE-5, a Big Muff, a GE-7 (equalizer) and a Boss Phaser. I've been looking into tube amps, and i have decided to go for a Peavey Classic 50. Can anyone give me any tone tips for this set up? I will be a first time tube amp user, so there really is a lot you could help me with. I am looking for a sweet lead sound, high gain but high mids. Could anyone who has any experience with the Keeley Metal Zone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

I have a Peacey 50/410 and with my Maxon overdrive I can get a heavy tone. Also, it is a very midrangey amp in my opinion. I love it.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall